by Goose0211
Explorer

Signal Box being phased out?

Hi,

Ive been in recent discussions about an old (not used for a year) signal box that im trying to get re-activated at my new address and am being told it proably cant be done and they cant supply me with a new one as they are not really being used anymore - is this something anyone is aware of?

They are trying to encourage us to use wifi calling but that doesnt help for devices that done have it.

We have no signal where we live and I presume trying to get EE to put up a mast nearby isnt an easy route.....does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Moving to another provider is not an option either as there is no signal for anyone by the way!

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: Signal Box being phased out?

Hello and welcome to the community!

While I would certainly say that EE (and other operators) do not have the same likeness of signal boxes as they maybe once did, especially with WiFi calling being quite mainstream now, I've not heard of friends having issues registering them at a new location.

Hopefully the EE staff here will be able to point you in the direction of the best team to call, perhaps the agent you spoke to has not dealt with any signal box related queries recently. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Goose0211

Welcome to the community 🙂

If you speak with our technical support team they will be able to help you register this at your new address. 

Keep us updated on how you get on. 

Katie.

by Goose0211
Explorer

Hi Katie,

This is part of the issue - they cant seem to get it re-set/re registered at the new location and are saying they cant supply a replacament signal box for me.

Is there someone who can tell me why you cant re-supply a replacement box - they just say that they are being phased out??

Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Goose0211

I have sent you a private message for some further information. 

Please take a look and get back to me  🙂

Katie. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.