by simonf1973
Explorer

Signal Box Security

Zero signal in the house so we have an EE signal box. There's also zero signal outside the house (we live rurally), but I've noticed people hanging around near the house making calls and the light's flashing away on the box. 

Is there a ways of logging into the box and securing it to specific phones? 

I am charitable sort but I draw the line at giving our monthly broadband allowance away to neighbours and strangers......Whilst also improving EE's network coverage in our village at our expense!

Vodafone's Suresignal femtocell requires each phone to be registered to the box in order for it to work. Is there a similar way of securing EE's Signal Box?

Turning the box off and using Wifi Calls via our router won't work - With zero signal we wouldn't be able to send or receive text messages unless they were iMessages from other iPhones.

Thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Signal Box Security

@simonf1973   Text message send/receive  via the wifi calling services also.   If your using iPhones you don’t need the signal box and all.    Wifi calling on EE has you totally covered. 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@simonf1973   Text message send/receive  via the wifi calling services also.   If your using iPhones you don’t need the signal box and all.    Wifi calling on EE has you totally covered. 

by simonf1973
Explorer

Brill! Didn't realise that. Thank you.

One other question, do you happen know if Wifi calling is enabled for 30 Day Contracts as well as 12 month contracts? I know it's not offered for Pay As You Go. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@simonf1973   You know what ive got no idea.   Like you I know payg is not covered but contracts are.   

Let’s ask @Christopher_G.   

Do 30 day rolling contracts get wifi calling ?   

by
EE Employee

Hi @simonf1973 and welcome to the community.

We have had this question previously, you are eligible for WIFI calling on any SIM only plan.

I will certainly look into the securing of the signal box though.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.