by willtunni Investigator
Investigator

Series 3 Apple Watch won’t connect to phone mobile data plan. Any help please

My Apple Watch won’t connect to my mobile data plan for my phone. I have tried pairing it through both WiFi and 4G but no luck. Rang EE and they suggested pairing through 4G but it hasn’t worked. Any ideas? Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Series 3 Apple Watch won’t connect to phone mobile data plan. Any help pleas

@willtunni  You need to take out a contract for the watch it doesn’t use your phone allowance for data.  In the watch app on the phone you set this from there. 

Investigator

Re: Series 3 Apple Watch won’t connect to phone mobile data plan. Any help pleas

Hello thanks for your response. I have a separate contract for my watch. I accidentally did a full reboot of it instead of my phone a couple months back and now it doesn’t want to play ball with its own individual data. 

by
EE Community Team

Hi @willtunni,

Welcome to the community:)

How far into the set up process for pairing your Apple watch do you get?

When you called EE, do you know which department you spoke to? Our level 2 technical team will be able to see where the problem lies.

Cheers

Investigator

I went through the multiple choice but don’t know what department I got through to. I was advised to unpair my watch from my phone. Then re-pair it on 4G instead of WiFi and that it should work doing it this way. It tells me I need to call 150 with a code reference to complete. But that’s what I did when I called and the above is what I was told to do in response. Is there a direct number I can call for the department I need? 

Many thanks 

Will

by
EE Community Team

Hi @willtunni,

What you have done and been told so far sounds correct.

When you call with the code they will make some amendments on your account to enable you to re pair the watch with the phone.

The options to get through to technical support are  150 - option 1 - option 3 - option 4

What is the code that your getting when you try to repair?

Alex

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.