Highlighted
by
Explorer

Second SIM for shared data?

I just recieved my SIM card in the post for my £20 60GB SIM only plan.

On the pack it says:

Here's your new shared Data SIM

It's a handy little thing. It enabled you to share your Data from your 4GEE phone with another device.

Just put the Sim into a tablet, dongle or laptop and away you go - plenty of data to go around.

This sounds great and I would love to have a SIM in my iPad that shares data with my phone. But I only recieved 1 SIM card. Is it possible to have a second SIM card that I can keep in the iPad?

I can see in my account I can order an eSIM. Could I order an eSIM, activate it on my iPhone, and keep the SIM I recieved in the post in my iPad?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Second SIM for shared data?

@JosephDuffy   you will need to take out another contract ( sim only ) on your account so you can share data from that Sim card, you can only gift data to other contract sims on the same account. 

the eSim is just to move your sim to the built in eSim on your device and this would make the physical Sim redundant. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Second SIM for shared data?

@JosephDuffy   you will need to take out another contract ( sim only ) on your account so you can share data from that Sim card, you can only gift data to other contract sims on the same account. 

the eSim is just to move your sim to the built in eSim on your device and this would make the physical Sim redundant. 

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.