by Umiamz Established Contributor
Established Contributor

SIM-only plan and 4G+

Quick question - how do I know if my plan supports 4G+?

In My EE it says the plan is

12M SIM 4GEE 8GB £27.99

(although it's actually £17.99 per month).

I was recently in what the coverage maps claim is a 4G+ area and, using SpeedTest, got 82.80 down and 23.42 up.

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: SIM-only plan and 4G+

As long as your plan offers full speed 4G, which yours does look like it does, then as long as you have a compatible handset, you should be able to get 4G+.

Which handset do you have?

Established Contributor

@Profile closed

It's an iPhone 7+ (non-EE).

The reason I asked is that looking at the range of SIMS today, it appears that many of them are capped at 60Mb/s with only a couple of the more expensive ones saying that they offer the maximum speed.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

That's correct yes, only the more expensive Max SIM only plans are not speed capped and include 4G+.

Those more expensive plans come with better roaming benefits as well (5 countries outside the EU) as well as 6 months of Apple Music & 12 months BT Sports.

Your handset is compatible with 4G+, though the display won't change from showing 4G on iPhones.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Umiamz and welcome to the community.

Hope you found the information provided by @Profile closed useful.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Tried it again this morning - 98Mb/s down and 24 up. It doesn't look like I'm capped, even though I'm not on one of the 'max' tariffs...

by MatthiasSchilf Contributor
Contributor

I noticed the same - recently signed-up to a 4GEE (not Max) SIM only plan and got 88Mbps down and 31Mbps up the other day, and that was in a non-4G+ area! Not that I'm complaining... Smiley Surprised

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.