by helpme3 Investigator
Investigator

SIM not working properly

Hi, I bought a SIM card at the airport upon arrival as was suggested on Friday moring.  It has been a non stop irritation ever since.  The sim card seems to work, but data doesn't work, and I am only able to receive texts, not send them.  Calls don't work either.  I have tried restarting my phone, changing my network settings, verifying my network settings, resetting my network settings, and nothing has worked so far on my lg g6.  Not only did I buy the sim for £25, but added a £15 plan which might have been a mistake, i can't figure that part out.  I'm lucky my husband's cell service is through google fi and just works without issue unlike my disaster.  We called customer service the first day and was told to wait for it to initalize.  Still no data, now I have to make sure we stay close to my husband or else I have no way of finding my way around or contacting anyone.  Very disapointed and feel like I made an expensive mistake at this point.  Only in the country for a few more days and feel soured on the experience without being able to navigate without internet access on the go.

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: SIM not working properly

What exactly does texting AL to 150 report?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by helpme3 Investigator
Investigator

Text received:

Your current balance as of today 08:06 is £0.00. You have 500 texts, unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 250 minutes and 3.0GB remaining until 24/12/2018 for your £15 International Pack.
You have 10.0GB remaining until 23/12/2018 for your 10GB Free for 30 days. Your unlimited texts and minutes are to EE numbers only. Your last top up was £15.00 on 23/11/2018 at 13:09. For more info on your packs, add-ons or free boosts, go to MyEE. ee.co.uk/myee

But I can't get the data to work or send texts.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You seem to have all your allowances. Are you still in UK?

Try manually reconnecting to EE network and/or delete or reset your APN.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by helpme3 Investigator
Investigator

Am still in UK.  Mobile data state on phone says disconnected, I have tried resetting it and rebooting, nothing.  How do I go about getting it refunded?  I'll just pay my roaming overage charges on my regular carrier, it'll likely end up cheaper anyway.

by Haydon-Berrow Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi, I bought a SIM card at the airport upon arrival as was suggested on Friday moring.  It has been a non stop irritation ever since.  The sim card seems to work, but data doesn't work, and I am only able to receive texts, not send them

It's a long shot, but do connections to ee.co.uk work? I'll quote from a reply I made to a different query

I had a similar problem yesterday. I put a new sim-card in that was supposed to have 200MB on it but it wasn't giving me internet access. I went to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status and this did load although it didn't mention anything about any pending add-ons but offered two buttons 'Register' and 'Activate' (I think, it /was/ yesterday). I clicked on 'Activate' and lo, and behold!, my 200MB appeared. You might try the same.

I'm grasping at straws here, I had a sim on a different ISP with similar behaviour that would allow incoming calls and texts but not outgoing ones. Someone suggested that it was because it was a data-sim.

by helpme3 Investigator
Investigator

Connections to ee.co.uk do not work.  Says no internet avalible if I try outside of wifi.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @helpme3

Thanks for coming to the community.

What happens when you try and send a text?

Just to check is data turned on within your phone settings?

Go to Settings > Networks > Mobile Data.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.