by lornajayyne111
Visitor

S7 Edge - suddenly cant connect to net, insta, snapchat, fb. WHY?!

I can still get on Twitter, whatsapp, play music & some other random apps.  It was running fine until yesterday. I can't connect to wifi either - says no IP address.

I have tried restarting, tried the airplane mode thing. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling apps. Nothing is working. HELP?!

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: S7 Edge - suddenly cant connect to net, insta, snapchat, fb. WHY?!

@lornajayyne111  If you can not get on wifi that's an issue with the router/ISP or your device not your EE account for your phone as wifi on the device has nothing to do with your EE tariff/contract 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lornajayyne111,

Thanks for joining the EE Community. Smiley Happy

Just to clarify, are you having the same issue when connecting to both WiFi and mobile data?

- James

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Just focusing on the 3G/4G data issue, I am having similar issues and they are due to a mast in my area which is undergoing work. The result is that quite often I find I cannot access any internet services, and some other times WhatsApp and FB Messenger are working but everything else isn't.

I suggest you use EE's network checker to check if there are any problems in your area. If it doesn't show anything, contact chat or telephone support as they might know more than what the online checker shows (this happened in my case).

by
EE Community Support Team

by Lukey90
Explorer

Hello I just Registered here to ask the same question. Some websites services works some of them not somethimes it's just disconnect from everything like even London bus does work some of the dating apps can't access houseshare Web and many others. It's only issue on mobile data everything else works perfectly on my virgin broadband WiFi. Is it going to be fixed as this issue was following me for weeks! Pls 

by ShaunHastings
Explorer

Try changing your APN Setting to just IPv4 if you haven't already, had the same issue in that some apps would just not connect at all for almost 2 months and this was the only thing that fixed it, it's been fine since.

by
EE Employee

Morning @Lukey90

What phone are you using?

Have you tried following the advice given by @ShaunHastings ?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Lukey90
Explorer

But how I gonna change it on my Samsung gs7 Edge? Can't find anything like that on Internet setting anywhere. Pls could you sent me step by step. Thanks 

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

It is in Settings / Connection / Mobile Networks / Access Point Names / Internet.

But @ShaunHastings mine is all grayed out and it doesn't seem like I can change it. I can add a new one though. Is there a way to change the default one rather than adding a new one?

by
EE Employee

Hi @Lukey90

If you follow the above steps and then add a new APN with teh following details:

Name Internet

APN everywhere

Proxy Leave Blank

Port Leave Blank

Username Leave Blank

Password Leave Blank

Server Leave Blank

MMSC http://mms/

MMS Proxy 149.254.201.135

MMS Port 8080

MCC 234

MNC 30

Authentication Type PAP

APN Type If you have choices select internet + mms otherwise type in *

Let me know if this resolves it.

@DonDino - once you add a new one you can then delete the current one.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.