by Bub1 Investigator
Investigator

Roaming in Mexico issues

Hi, I am paying for roaming. Currently the service for Data is either working or not working. I have tried all the Mexican networks. They have 4g also and when it does switch to 3G it’s the same. No pages load and nothing opens. It’s like EE have blocked me as the locals don’t have an issue.

8 REPLIES 8
by Bub1 Investigator
Investigator

Roaming Mexico issues

Hi, I am paying for roaming. Currently the service for Data is either working or not working. I have tried all the Mexican networks. They have 4g also and when it does switch to 3G it’s the same. No pages load and nothing opens. It’s like EE have blocked me as the locals don’t have an issue.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Roaming in Mexico issues

Hi @Bub1 Has roaming ever worked for you? Are you sure it's enabled on your account? You might be able to do this in the app if you have wifi. Are you on a MAX plan? Can you make calls and texts?

What happens if you try and connect to something like http://neverssl.com ? Do you get the add-on page, or nothing happens?

This is a good guide to follow. Let us know how it goes and we can see if we can help.

by Bub1 Investigator
Investigator

It has worked randomly but 90% of the time nothing. I am paying for the service that allows 500mb daily for £6 which has been activated. Other countries in the past have been ok for roaming. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It might be worth trying to get live chat to work and talking to EE if you can access MyEE through a browser you might get the pop up to chat then and they can check your account.

by Bub1 Investigator
Investigator

I doubt it’s an account issue as I do connect for a bit, but I will try live chat. Thanks 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bub1

I hope you're having a lovely time in Mexico. 😄

Since your service works sometimes, it sounds like your account is set up for roaming.

It is worth logging into your My EE account from a desktop/laptop browser and  speaking to live chat though, they've been known to fix issues like this before.

Chris

by Bub1 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks. will do that now as I need to check up on my teenagers back home😂

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Bub1

Yes you need to keep check on them 🙂

Did you get this sorted with our chat team?

Hope you're having an amazing time.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.