by Pagemakers Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Removing travel data pass max

I recently travelled to China and wanted to take advantage of a travel data pass on my max plan. I texted MAXTRAVEL to 150

To remove the pass I am led to believe I should text STOP MAXTRAVEL to 150. 

However, when I look in to my account it says it will be removed on October 23rd, almost a month away. 

How can that be?  I though the whole idea of the travel data passes is that I can add and remove them at will. I may want a data pass in China today but not in Turkey next week!

I’m sure that’s how it used to work. Has anything changed recently?

10 REPLIES 10
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Removing travel data pass max

Hi @Pagemakers.

If you send the text to stop the pass, it will be removed on your next billing date.

If you'd like to have the data pass removed on a specific date, you can speak with our customer service team to arrange this.

Let me know how you get on.

Jon

Established Contributor

I thought the whole idea was to text when you want it on and text when you want it off. 

What happens if I’m say in China and only want data for a couple of days?

Before I could text and it was removed immediately.

What’s just happened on my recent trip was I text to stop it and it was not removed. Then I’ve been charged for 23 further days!!!!! They have been credited back to me but it’s wasting everybody’s time. 

Established Contributor

72C01248-835A-4BD5-82D6-14BB4E75A058.jpeg

And that’s not how this sounds...

by

Hi @Pagemakers.

You can leave the pass on your account permanently without getting charged, then when you want to use it in one of the countries, just turn on data roaming on your phone.

You will only be charged when you actually use the pass.

Jon

Established Contributor

OK. Has there been a change to how this works?  I’m sure I could turn it on and off immediately by SMS.

I can’t even remove via the app immediately anymore. 

Established Contributor

Another thing I’ve also found.  With the travel data pass enabled I am then charged in countries where it should be free. USA for example. So your suggestion to turn data roaming off and on still won’t fix the issue. 

So can’t it just remove the pass when I send the SMS like it used to. It’s just overly complex or purposely so to change you a daily rate. 

by

I'm not aware of any changes @Pagemakers.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Pagemakers wrote:

To remove the pass I am led to believe I should text STOP MAXTRAVEL to 150. 

Could it be you left out a space? You should text STOP MAX TRAVEL to 150.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

I was using that. The pass was removed but not immediately. It was going to be removed at my next billing date which is useless. It used to remove immediately. 

Established Contributor

453B33C0-9DE2-4DD8-8EFE-A44921ED9C9B.jpegThis is what I mean. I want to remove it now.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions