by Londonmandan Investigator
Investigator

Removing IPv6

Is there anyway to remove IPv6 from my connection and just have IP4 as I am now unable to connect to my VPN from my iPhone 8.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Client_VPN/Troubleshooting_Client_VPN#IPv6_and_Mobile_Devices

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Removing IPv6

Not unless there is something of that ilk you can change in the APN, usually APN Protocol.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Where would the APN settings be and what am I changing them to?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Londonmandan

I'm not aware of any way of changing the APN manually on an iPhone.

It may be worth having a chat with our Tech Gurus.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

Investigator

Hi Christopher, I spoke with tech support on the phone yesterday and they pointed me here as there may be a work around to get an IPv4 address instead of a v6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You are unable to update/change APN settings on an iPhone as these are locked out by the network. These are done by Carrier updates from EE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

So I am pretty much screwed as far as getting IPv4 is concerned? Guess I will get on to Cisco
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Londonmandan,

I would definitely contact your VPN provider. I'm sure they'll have a product that is compatible with IPv6.

Thanks

James 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.