by Mellows Investigator
Investigator

Re: Routing between EE home broadband networks doesn't seem to work anymore

Same problem no remote access to my cctv cameras on 4G. Not going to muck about with EE I am changing my network whom I have been with for years and years.  I did t have EE broadband I have sky.

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mellows: I think you could be up against a limitation of EE's mobile network. The EE mobile network uses Carrier Grade NAT (CGNAT), which means that you don't get your own public IP address but share it with other users. So you can't be uniquely id'ed on the Net & therefore your LAN cannot be addressed from outside for unsolicited accesses. This is unlike fixed BB.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Mellows Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for that info, so is there anything I can do to fix this

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can't Access CCTV over 4G

@Mellows: How are you trying to remotely access your CCTV currently? Who is its manufacturer?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Mellows Investigator
Investigator

Re: Can't Access CCTV over 4G

I can remotely access when away from home if I log on to someone’s wifi. I can not access the cameras via G4 mobile data..
I am using guarding expert app which work with my cctv dvd.
I understand this has happened in the past with EE customers.
Thanks for your help. I am not technically knowledgeable

Sent from my iPad
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mellows wrote:
I am using guarding expert app which work with my cctv dvd.

I'm trying find out exactly what you actually do to access your CCTV remotely. You cannot assume I would be familiar with this app. What do you have to feed into this app? Did you have to tell it the public IP of your home router at least initally?

Who is the manufacturer of your CCTV?

by Mellows Investigator
Investigator

The video is Teknika. I have the IP address to access it when I am home and also I have an IP/domain address to access it remotely.

this system had been working for the last 2 years with out problem. Working from home and away from home on my iPhone 6via 4G. 

In the last couple of weeks I can not access via G4(if I am in the street with no wifi access). 

Please bare with me I am 68 years old and can’t understand what has changed. I have not touched any setting.

thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What is the IP/domain you use to access it remotely?

by Mellows Investigator
Investigator

No I still have the problem. I even spoke to EE technical support who could not help.. I was hoping for a simple solution which I never got so I am going to leave EE after 35 years. Which I really did not want to do. 

Thanks for your help though

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions