by Chuxified
Visitor

Re: Pictures are not displaying on 4g

I also have similar issue but with Facebook and Instagram. This began happening about 2 weeks now. Whenever I am on 4g, pictures on facebook and instagram don't seem to load. How can I resolve this?

23 REPLIES 23
by
EE Employee

Hi @Chuxifield and welcome to the community.

This is being investigated by our support teams.

Soon as I have any further information, I will certainly let you know.

Many thanks,

Lee

by NidaB Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I'm having the same issue - pictures not loading on apps like Facebook and Instagram. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@NidaB Have you installed today’s new update for Instagram? 

by NidaB Investigator
Investigator

I have, still no change... It's perfectly fine on WiFi, it's just recently no photos will load whilst using data... 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@NidaB  Have you tried a network reset on the device?  

by NidaB Investigator
Investigator

Yes, no change 😞

by Japps Investigator
Investigator

Same issue here, no images loading on Facebook, or Instagram using 4G in any geographical location. Absolutely fine over WiFi. Issue began 2 days ago I reckon. 

Most other apps like YouTube seem to be ok .

Tried reinstalling the apps several times and resetting network settings. My phone is an Xperia Z5 and is fully updated. 

No luck. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@NidaB  Could you try a manual network search and select a different provider ie o2 and allowe it to fail to connect then select EE and EE what happens.  

by Japps Investigator
Investigator

No that hasn't worked... Tried it a few times just now and restarting phone too. 

by burnduck
Explorer

Same issue here - i have done multiple tests and narrowed this down to the EE network. someone at EE should look into this. 

issue: none of the media (pics and videos) on facebook.com is loading up regardless of cellular connection speed and latency. 

i've tried the following with no luck:

rebooting phone, no joy

using my partners phone (different account / sim, also on ee), same issue, no joy

clearing browser cache, no joy

The following workarounds worked for me, indicating an issue with the EE network:

connecting to a VPN over 4G, picture loads ok

using home wifi, picture loads ok

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@burnduck  EE are looking it to it.   The problem is not all customers are effective by this.   

by burnduck
Explorer

I understand, I'm fairly technical so I'm happy to provide diagnostics information to help with troubleshooting if necessary. 

I don't want to give out personal details here, but I can be reached at (my screen name) at Gmail dot com

by NidaB Investigator
Investigator

That might have worked... It seems ok for now but I'll test it out again properly later today and let you know, thanks.

Ps. I've just realised that I'm on the Apple thread but I'm using a Samsung! I imagine the solutions shouldn't be too dissimilar though.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@NidaB. Are you saying what I’ve suggested has fixed this issue?    

Can an you please use the @ key and put my name so I know that your talking to me.   Thanks.    And don’t worry about what forum your using it’s all the same issue. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@burnduck  Can you please try a manual network search and then select o2,  allow it to fail to connect then select EE.   And test these apps again.  

Please report back thanks.  

by NidaB Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_B apologies, I thought I did @ you. Yes, I'm saying that what you suggested appears to have worked for now, thank you. If it happens again in the next day or so I'll message again. 

Thanks!

by Japps Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_B

Hi Chris,

That fix did not work for me. I tried connecting to O2, let it fail, and then registered again to the EE option but the issue is still there. 

by
EE Employee

Hi All,

If you're using an Android device try adding a new APN with the following details:

Name Internet

APN everywhere

Proxy Leave Blank

Port Leave Blank

Username Leave Blank

Password Leave Blank

Server Leave Blank

MMSC http://mms/

MMS Proxy 149.254.201.135

MMS Port 8080

MCC 234

MNC 30

Authentication Type PAP

APN Type If you have choices select internet + mms otherwise type in *

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Japps Investigator
Investigator

@Karen_C

Hi Karen,

I can add a new APN but can't switch over to it. I can press the button next to the new APN to enable it, but within a few seconds it jumps back to the default one (which is locked, and can't be edited...all options on it are greyed out) 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.