by Mikebabs1
Explorer

Re: My Whatsapp has stopped downloading photos and video

Hi, I have this problem and can’t work out how to start a new post so replying here. Recently upgraded with EE to an iPhone 8 from a 5C. Since moving my sim into the new phone I cannot send or download photos from WhatsApp when on 4G. Facebook won’t load images and messenger won’t work at all. Everything works fine when on WiFi. I’ve checked all settings and mobile data is turned on. 

Searching on here suggests a problem with APN settings but these are not accessible on my iPhone 8. Please help. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Mikebabs1: Could it be Switching Content Lock OFF or ON ? It is reset on new devices.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Mikebabs1: Could it be Switching Content Lock OFF or ON ? It is reset on new devices.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Mikebabs1

Thanks for coming to the community.

Has the advice from @XRaySpeX got this working for you?

Let us know how you're getting on 🙂

Leanne.

by Mikebabs1
Explorer

Thanks very much. This was indeed the problem. A shame that this isn’t obvious and not mentioned anywhere. I even called EE tech support and they did not mention this. 

by
EE Community Support Team

I am sorry this was not mentioned @Mikebabs1

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know 🙂

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.