by regent Investigator
Investigator

Re: CCTV app not working on mobile data

Hi All, is there any resolution to this issue?

I have started to experience the same problem. I have a QVIS Pioneer Trio DVR with associated cameras. I can access the cameras remotely over wifi but as soon as I try 3G/4G there is no access.

I have an 02 mobile SIM.

This has only recently happened - it has been working fine up until last week.

Suggestions please?

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@regent: If you are running over an O2 SIM, what has it to do with EE?

Is it a matter that you need to set up port forwarding at the Home BB end? This is a different issue from the rest of this thread.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by regent Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX - I'm just trying to provide as much info as possible as to how I am accessing the cameras via my mobile device.

I have changed nothing on the router, the app, the DVR set up or the phone since installation of the cameras in Nov 2016 - the whole system has been working without issue - I could access the cameras via the app over 4G and WIFI.

It's been only in the last 2 weeks have I been experiencing the issues whereby I can only access the cameras via the app through WIFI.

Thank you...

by
EE Employee

Hi @regent and welcome back to the community.

So I can clarify, are you not able to use the app on both O2 and EE.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@regent: I ask you again, where does EE come into your set-up?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by regent Investigator
Investigator

Apologies for the confusion..... My broadband account is with EE.

I guess what I am trying to ascertain is whether the issue is with my O2 Data SIM or with the EE broadband router suddenly blocking something?

The set up is - Cameras all connected to the DVR box. The DVR box is connected to the EE broadband router via ethernet cable and home plugs.

When I am connected to any wifi source I can access the cameras.

As soon as I try to connect via 4G I can't access the cameras. 

Are you saying that this issue is more likely to be 4G Data Sim related and therefore an O2 issue?

Apologies for the confusion and if I have asked the question in the wrong thread.

Thank you.

by
EE Employee

No problem at all @regent

If you can access the cameras via WiFi it would suggest an issue with the data SIM connection.

Do you know if there have been any recent software/firmware updates on the cameras?

Can you access them if you turn 4G off?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@regent: How are accessing the CCTV from your phone? Are you using a manufacturer's app to which you have supplied the external IP of your home router?

You are aware that your EE supplied IP for you Home BB, altho' quite sticky, is a dynamic IP and is liable to change at any time the router resyncs? If that has happened the phone app is no longer pointing at your Home BB. You will need to reconfigure the app every time this happens. This is a disadvantage of dynamic IPs.

Check your router for its current IP Addy & compare that with the 1 the app thinks it is.

When you are running over WiFi you are just running over your own internal LAN.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.