by marcopollo

Re: 4g Data used up very quickly is that normal ?

Hi

I read the previous link re using up data fast. And i would say that im having the same issues. Rang EE today, no help what so ever, told me i had to speak to Carphone Warehouse. Spoke to Carphone Warehouse and no surprises, they told me to speak to ee.

So wont be using a broker service again.

My point though, is that previous usage monitored over many months and across seasons gave an average usage of 15g of data. Which is why, when i changed contracts to get a new phone and was told it came with 30g of data i was convinced i wouldnt need to worry about usage for the next 2 years.

How silly of me. 2 months in and, without and changes to life style or data usage requirements, i find my 30g just doesnt cut it, and infact im having to by more data as bolt ons at ridiculously high rate!!!

How can this be the case?

Can you please explain?

##For info i mainly use my data for general browing, email, messaging and downloading Netlixs##

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@marcopollo: Make sure your phone settings are set up for:

1. Software Updates only over WiFi.
  2. Having Data Saver on, or
  3. Restricting background data .
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Team

Hi @marcopollo,

Welcome to the community 🙂

Did you gt a chance to try any of @XRaySpeX suggestions?

Going though double the amount of data with no changes to your phone usage is a lot to account for.

Our community article how much data am I using has some great hints and tips to reduce usage 🙂

Alex

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @marcopollo

When you are watching Netflix are you tethered to another device (console, TV, Tablet) etc? 

If you look under your phone settings there will be a data option which will tell you what is using your data. (You haven't said what phone you own)

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.