by drewrr Investigator
Investigator

RPI Increase 2.5% in 2017 !! HOW CAN I LEAVE EE due to this

Does anyone know how to cancel contract due to RPI (i joined in Nov 2016)

9 REPLIES 9
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: RPI Increase 2.5% in 2017 !! HOW CAN I LEAVE EE due to this

@drewrr You can't without paying your contract off it is part of the terms and conditions you accepted when you signed up 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@drewrr   It's in your contract that you agreed to.  Did you read the contract before you agreed to it. ? 

by toffeebrann Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The RPI increase is in your contract. Also every UK network now implements the RPI increase, so it would be pointless cancelling and moving to another network.

by Feralised
Visitor

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2013/protection-for-consumers-again...

• Ofcom is likely to regard any increase3 to the recurring monthly subscription charge4in a fixed-term contract as 'materially detrimental' to consumers;
  • providers should therefore give consumers at least 30 days' notice of any such price rise and allow them to exit their contract without penalty; and
  • any changes to contract terms, pricing or otherwise, must be communicated clearly and transparently to consumers.

RPI increase is set at 1.8, EE increase is 2.5

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Feralised  the CPI is 1.8 the RPI is 2.6 

Both the Consumer Prices Index (CPI) and the Retail Prices Index (RPI) measure inflation. Each aim to measure the changes in the cost of buying a 'basket' of products, but they cover different items and differences in formulae used to calculate the inflation rate mean that CPI is often lower than RPI. 

IMG_1743.PNG

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Just to add if anyone has entered a contract and is still within the six months period from purchasing the contract and device from EE and you try to use the RPI to get out of the contract EE can or could not saying they would, but EE could request that you return the device in full working order as it's not yours until after six months.   As stated in the T&Cs of the contract you agreed too.    Not sure if EE would do this but the device is not yours till after 6 months period.    

by drewrr Investigator
Investigator

I have had Sim since November sim only plan

Thanks,
Drew

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@drewrr  And as stated in the T&Cs of a sim only contract the price will be  affected by the RPI in march.   

Have you actually worked it out what it will be ?     

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT WHAT IT WILL BE

by Maexchen Established Contributor
Established Contributor

2.5% doesn't seem too bad now. It's 4.1% this year! Thank you Brexit!

They should really build an upper limit into this, e.g. 3% or so.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.