by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Priority of 800MHz 4G

For this week I'm based at a site where even EE's signal falters. EE's coverage map shows 'variable indoors coverage' for all kinds of signal (2G, 3G and 4G), quite patchy.

Trying to have a browse at lunchtime was a struggle. I kept looking at my phone rotating through modes, struggling to connect via 3G/HSDPA... nothing... then 2G/Edge... nothing again. When I looked at it a second time, I again caught glimpse of the same cycle, and only at the end of it, after about 2 minutes, it went to 4G 800MHz and stayed there hovering between 1-2 bars.

Now I know patchy signal on the map means there could be a few centimetres difference between signal and no-signal, but I'm wondering what's the order of preference?

In areas where 800MHz exists, is it / shouldn't it be 4G 800MHz above all others?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Priority of 800MHz 4G

Hi @DonDino,

Not sure if you have seen this thread?

There are some good insights into how it all works, particularly @Peter_C's comments.

Hope this helps.

James

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @DonDino,

Not sure if you have seen this thread?

There are some good insights into how it all works, particularly @Peter_C's comments.

Hope this helps.

James

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thank you @James_B, that's very helpful! The discussion you linked to is very informative!

by
EE Employee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.