by JenHann Investigator
Investigator

Porting number out and back again

Hi,

looking for for some advice. Cam to the end of my existing EE contract and upgrade options weren't great but found a new contract with EE via an online retailer.

when speaking to EE about porting my number to the new contract I was told I had to take out a PAYG sim with another network, port existing number to them and then port it back to EE.

step 1 completed today moving my old number to a Vodafone PAYG sim. Just been speaking to Vodafone though and they are telling me I have to wait 30days before I can port my number again.

is this right? Not what I was told when speaking to the EE advisor who told me what to do....

any advice gratefully received.

thanks

Jen

5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Porting number out and back again

Hi,

This is incorrect. 

As soon as you ported-in your number to Vodafone, and have a fully functional account, you're entitle to request to have your number to be ported out again, without this 30 days nonsense. 

Here is what ofcom says: 

"A PAC must be provided to you immediately over the phone or within two hours by text. Once you have a PAC, it is valid for 30 days. If it expires, you can request a new one. In some circumstances there may be a charge for porting."

W

by JenHann Investigator
Investigator

Many thanks for your reply. I'll get back to Vodafone and see what they say.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JenHann,

Welcome to the EE Community.

That's great advice from @winston, please let us know how you get on.

Most online retailers can also process EE upgrades so it's worth double checking with them next time.

Thanks

James

by JenHann Investigator
Investigator

I tried again tonight with Vodafone online chat, and I had no problem at all getting my PAC code. So I'm not sure what the guy last night was talking about 30 days for, as this is clearly not the case!

Thanks again for your help.

by
EE Community Support Team

Glad you got this in the end @JenHann 🙂

Let us know if you need anything further!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.