by Gamer01000 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Poor signal in area

Hi I woke up today and found that I had no signal which is strange since I always have good signal with 4G it's come back for now but goes after a few minutes I have the unlimited data mins and messages for 5 days but is being wasted because I cnt use it when is this being fixed? Iv tried turning my phone off leaving it off for a few minutes then turning it back on and taking the sim out but it hasn't worked anyone know why this is?

14 REPLIES 14
by
EE Employee

Re: Poor signal in area

Hi @Gamer01000 and welcome back.

Have you checked out if there is an issue in your area, If you have and its not showing anything please do let me know your postcode.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Hi how do I check that? In case it happens again it seems fine now but this morning there was nothing for a few hours

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Employee

Hi @Gamer01000

If you follow my instruction you can receive updates to make you aware of any issues in the future.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

I'm not sure what's going on  but the signal here keeps dropping from 4G to 3G (I don't have 4G atm)and I even lost signal at one point when is this being fixed? Iv checked the network status checker and its broken as well because it's saying there are no known problems it's a sunny day here so weather isn't causing this 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Gamer01000

Thanks for checking the status checker.

If nothing is showing as reported in your area you can report this.

If you go to the network status checker and enter your area, an option will show to report problem.

After you have entered all details click submit.

This will then be looked into for you.

For full information please see our How to register for My Places Updates.

Thanks.

Established Contributor

Hi the signal is still poor in this area and apparently an engineer was in my area "fixing it" hours ago I have the unlimited data mins and texts offer currently active so I assume this will be extended for the time iv lost?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gamer01000   No network will guarantee a signal 24/7 and if any mast issues have been fixed it can take up to 24 hours before the mast starts transmitting a usable signal.

You'll need to call customer services about any offers that you currently might have but seeing as it's an offer of  any unlimited allowances for a period of time I wouldn't hold my breath. But you never know. 

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the Community @Gamer01000

I understand your frustration with this issue.

To query an extension you would need to speak to Customer Services who will be happy to look into this for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Signal has gotten worse in this area now no 4G and barely any 3G it keeps dropping as well when is this being fixed?????????????????????   

by
EE Employee

Hi @Gamer01000

If you can provide your postcode I can certainly take a look.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

WTF is going on I got a text a few minutes ago saying the signal is "fixed in my area" but it isn't my signal is still awful when is it being fixed???

by

Hi @Gamer01000,

The network status checker is still showing a problem in your area.

It's expected to be rectified within 16 hours.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

James

Established Contributor

No not good enough in 16 hours my unlimited data pack will almost be over plus I got a text saying it was fixed why did I get a fake text and which engineer can't do his/her job in my area get it done in an hour 

by

Hi @Gamer01000,

There are multiple faults being worked on in your area at the moment, one of these has been resolved today.

This may be why you received the text message in error.

Our engineers are continuing to work on the outstanding issues and you should have normal service soon.

Due to the complexities of mobile networks, some faults take longer to fix than others.

Thanks

James 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.