by skoya Investigator
Investigator

Poor data rate

I recently switched contracts to get more data from EE. I have been with them for two years and not had any problems with data rates but recently it’s been awful.  I travel between London and stansted on the train and the rates have always been great (apart from a black spot in Roydon) but recently I think there maybe something going on in the network that is throttling speeds for some users. Sat in Liverpool Street next to someone else on the same network. We both have 4G full bars on iPhone 6s Plus. He can get 10MBps and I can barely get 1 when running a test on fast.com. I don’t think it’s a signal issue but more of an infrastructure issue where bottlenecks are occurring.

its very frustrating. I am now considering switching as the degradation eats into time on what I need to do on the commute. These are things I have been able to do such as connect to work, online shop, watch videos for the last couple of years without problems.

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Employee

Re: Poor data rate

Hi and welcome to the community @skoya

I understand your frustration and this does sound strange indeed.

Have you spoken to our technical team to look into your account to see if it is all set up corrects?

Many thanks,

Lee

by skoya Investigator
Investigator

hi, I did report it and they said they couldn't see anything wrong with my account.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @skoya

Thanks for coming back to the community.

Have you tried resetting the network settings to see if this helps?

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This will remove all saved WiFi passwords.

If so and this still occurs I would suggest speaking to our technical support team again and get this investigated.

Thanks, Leanne.

by skoya Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I tried that today.  The phone drops to 3G an awful lot more than it used to do. It really doesn’t feel like I am on the 4g ee max plan when I can get even get 4g most of my commute. I will try calling them again later but have also taken to running speed tests to Evidence how bad it is using the root metrics app.

by

Hello there @skoya

Thanks for trying this.

Let us know how you get on after calling customer service.

by skoya Investigator
Investigator

Will call them later but will probably be in reach of 4g then!  Coverage appears to be patchy - perhaps an iOS 11 issue? It reconnected to 4g at limehouse (on the dlr) 

C904323F-CEFD-4A58-A178-01C11D4E4468.png3G on the bar in a 4g area

by

Hi @skoya

Our technical team will be able to let you know what is causing this for you.

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.