by treduk Investigator
Investigator

Phone unlocking

I am now in Australia for 4 months and did not have time to get my iphone 6 unlocked before leaving and I want to use a local sim card while I am here. After many tedious efforts I finally spoke to someone who said it would via skype at EE who said this could be sorted but would take 10 days. The 10 days is up and I have not heard anything at all from EE. Not even an acknowledgement of my request. Is there a way of having online chat with someone at EE as phoning is a pain or does anyone have any other suggestions. Its really very annoying not being able to use my phone.

Look forward to hearing your solutions. 

5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Phone unlocking

Hello @treduk sorry to hear you are still waiting for your phone to be unlocked. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can browse the pages on http://ee.co.uk or login to MYEE online and click the popup box when available to speak to live chat. General information on unlocking your phone with EE can be found using this link. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Unlocking-devices-and-PAC-codes/Unlocking-your-mobile-phone-or-device-...
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@treduk  Do you have a signal as EE will contact you via text message about acknowledgement of your unlock request and also when it is done.  

by treduk Investigator
Investigator

Thanks the problem is now sorted as it appears that my original request to have phone unlocked did not go through as apparently the connection was lost right at the end. I don't believe this for a min as I was asked if there was anything else they could help me with in that conversation after the unlock request. A further call (using skype from Oz) had the problem solved immediately.

So thanks to all those who replied.

by treduk Investigator
Investigator

Unlocking phone

Thanks the problem is now sorted as it appears that my original request to have phone unlocked did not go through as apparently the connection was lost right at the end. I don't believe this for a min as I was asked if there was anything else they could help me with in that conversation after the unlock request. A further call (using skype from Oz) had the problem solved immediately.

So thanks to all those who replied.

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Unlocking phone

Morning @treduk.

Glad this is now sorted for you.

I am sorry this was not sorted for you previously.

Have a great time in Australia very jealous 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.