by MaryTracy Investigator
Investigator

Phone stopped connecting to EE Wifi-Auto

My iPhone used to connect to EE Wifi-Auto on the Underground automatically. 

However, it has stopped doing so since last week. It tries to connect automatically, says "Unable to join the network EE Wifi-Auto", then stops. After a while, it tries again, with the same results. 

Absolutely nothing has changed on my phone, I cannot imagine why it has stopped working.

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Phone stopped connecting to EE Wifi-Auto

Hello @MaryTracy sorry to hear you are having trouble with WiFi on the underground. Try forgetting the network in WiFi settings and trying to log on again. You can also try resetting your phones network/APN settings (you may have to re-enter WiFi passwords after). If none of these work please call customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other who can look into this for you.

If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also login to MYEE online and click the popup box when available to speak to live chat. 🙂
Investigator

I reset the network settings and it is now asking for a username and password.
What do I do?
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MaryTracy,

When accessing EE WiFi- Auto, you shouldn't need to enter a username or password.

On Apple devices – with the right software (iOS 7 and above) you’ll be able to automatically connect to EE WiFi-Auto and use the internet just by switching on your WiFi.

We'll need to get you in touch with our technical team to look into this issue for you.

Are you using an EE, Orange or T-Mobile plan?

Is it pay as you go or pay monthly?

Thanks

James

Investigator

I'm on EE and on Pay as you go.
by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @MaryTracy

Please give customer service a call and they'll transfer you through to the technical team.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.