by srichardson95 Investigator
Investigator

Phone keeps on saying 'searching' and won't connect to anything

My phone says 'searching' and has done for the past 24 hours. It will not connect to signal or data. I have tried removing my sim card and resetting etc. Can someone help me please?

15 REPLIES 15
Investigator

Phone keeps on saying 'searching' and won't connect to anything

My iphone 5s for the past 24hours has said 'searching' and will not connect to anything, so i have had no data or signal. I have tried removing the sim card, resetting my phone etc. but nothing seems to work. How can i fix this?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Phone keeps on saying 'searching' and won't connect to anything

Have you checked the Network Status Checker  ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Yes, apparently there are no problems in my area

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @srichardson95

Are you on PAYG or pay monthly? If PAYG when was the last time you made a chargeable call or text?

How long have you owned the phone and did you get it from EE?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@srichardson95  Have you tried a network reset on the device?  

by Mikeyy247 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi have u tried giving the sim a clean then putting back in phone start up then switch off again.  Check the sim hasn’t any damage cos they are sensitive if nothing phone 150 or start a live chat.  Or if phone is unlocked try another sim in it to rule out damage to inside the sim tray 

Investigator

Hi,

I am on PAYG. I do not know when I last made a chargeable call, probably a long time ago. 

I have owned the phone nearly 2 years and yes i bought the phone from EE.

Thanks 

Investigator

how do i do a netweork reset?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@srichardson95  Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Setting.  The device will re boot and you’ll need to put your WiFi passwords back on the device after this.  

by Mikeyy247 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Ahh so looks like the sim will be cut off as you haven’t used it for that long 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You said it's been doing this for past 24 hours. What were you doing with it before then?

EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of chargeable non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@srichardson95 wrote:

Hi,

I am on PAYG. I do not know when I last made a chargeable call, probably a long time ago. 

I have owned the phone nearly 2 years and yes i bought the phone from EE.

Thanks 

@srichardson95

Please see EE hibernation thread which sounds like your problem.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

I think this may be the problem. Thank you, i will call EE to reactivate

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You don't just need to make a chargeable call to keep it alive. You could have just as well have topped-up and bought & used a pack. Have you?

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @srichardson95.

Please come back and let us know how you get on after speaking with our customer service team 🙂

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.