by Bogbrush
Explorer

Phone Blacklisted Accidentally?

Hi all,

first time user here.

My quandary:

So a few years ago I got an HTC m8 with a new EE contract. this worked fine for 18 months or so until one day it stopped working. I took it to an EE shop who refused to send for repair as there was a minor, barely visible crack in the screen.

So, needing a phone, I bought a sim free handset and used that happily for a year or so until the microphone stopped working and before i could could get it repaired under warranty i broke the screen (not having much luck am I!).

Best option seemed to be to get the m8 repaired, so I sent it off to a repair service (sim tray repair) and after a bit of back and forth they say it's been blacklisted, which explains why it stopped working.

BUT who authorised its blocking? How can I get it unlocked? It literally stopped working one day.

I never received any correspondence or texts or anything stating my phone is now locked; how was I supposed to know?

I've just entered into a new contract, but if I can get the m8 unblocked then I would cancel the new contract as I'm still in the cooling off period.

Can anyone advice

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Phone Blacklisted Accidentally?

@Bogbrush  To get the blacklisted removed from the device you need to call customer services. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Bogbrush.

Thanks for coming to the community.

@Chris_B is correct our customer service team will need to look into this for you.

If you give us a call and let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks.

by Bogbrush
Explorer

Thanks for your swift replies guys.

on the phone now, it's been un-blacklisted. 

bit annoying that i've only just found out that's why it stopped working, but I've been offered compensation. Doesn't quite add up to what I've forked out, but I can't complain. think i'm in a better position than most as I'm still in my cooling off period on my new contract.

Please pass on my thanks to Casey (sp?) in the technical team.

by
EE Community Support Team

Great @Bogbrush.

Thank you for letting us know.

Glad Casey got this sorted 🙂

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.