by Donnav Investigator
Investigator

PAYG DATA PACK NOT WORKING

I didn’t want a contact so bought a payg data pack 10mb put the sim in, registered account turned my WiFi off to check it was working and it isn’t. Do I need to by a pack to use the add on? It’s not clear on the site. Also does this data run out in 30days?

thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: PAYG DATA PACK NOT WORKING

Hello there @Donnav

Thanks for coming here. 

We would need to get this looked into for you.

If you can call us from another phone on 0800 079 8586 our pay as you go team will be able to help you get this sorted.

Thanks. Leanne.

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Donnav  Have you tried restarting the device? 

by Donnav Investigator
Investigator

Yes switched it off, took sim out soft reset everything nothing is working. Do I need to buy credit to activate a add-on? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Text AL to 150 to see if you already have a pack.

Which I would've thought it would have if you bought a SIM with a 10 GB data pack. Where did you buy it? How much you pay for it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Donnav Investigator
Investigator

It says your current balance is £0.00 for more info on your packs, add-ons or free boosts go to MyEE. 

I bought my add-on  for £15 via the EE website nowhere on there did it say I needed credit or to buy a pack to use a data add-on. Do I need to buy credit pack to use the add-on? If so the website didn’t make this clear and I’ve wasted £15 I looks. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

As you bought it online from EE the £15 you paid should have been used to buy a pack containing either 5 GB or 2 GB data.

AS it does not report that you have a pack, something's gone wrong & you should phone EE to sort it out.

Have you checked in your MyEE?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Donnav Investigator
Investigator

It was a deal apparently 10gb for £15 as a add-on, I can’t call EE as it says I need credit to call and I don’t have credit cos I was only interested in the data pack not phone calls etc so it’s fine I’ll just snap the SIM card and go back to giffgaff. Thank you for trying to help

by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hello there @Donnav

Thanks for coming here. 

We would need to get this looked into for you.

If you can call us from another phone on 0800 079 8586 our pay as you go team will be able to help you get this sorted.

Thanks. Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, I thought you had bought a phone SIM with a data pack. Now I see you ordered a free empty data SIM from EE online & then bought a £15 data add-on.

What does http://add-on.ee.co.ee/status report when not on WiFi?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions