by Ondles Investigator
Investigator

Number Porting Hell

I have recently changed service provider from 3 to EE and i've done all of the processes to change my number to my old one. Its nearly been 2 weeks and i keep getting told that there is a glitch with the system but they promise that in 48 hours the problem will be fixed. Nearly 2 weeks later and 4 times on the live chat and nothing has happened.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem? Unacceptable to be honest.

Will have a long think about whether to terminate the contract due to this problem.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Number Porting Hell

@Ondles  The porting of your number is not part of the contract you agreed to so if you do end the contract you’ll be required to pay off the contract to the minimum term.   Call customer services don’t use live chat, get the problem escalated. If there was an porting issue all customers trying to port would have issues.   

by Ondles Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_B Speaking to the Live chat people the have escalated it many times and they all say to me that they can see it on my account.

This is what a 'floor manager' has said to me - 

"Charlie, I found that the issue is already escalated to the port in team and due to technical glitch its not getting sorted"

To be fair i wouldn't mind if i was updated if the process wasn't going to happen but instead its "wait 24 hours" then it doesn't happen.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Ondles.

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am sorry to hear this has still not been resolved. 

Did the team advise they would be in touch?

Speak soon,

Katie 🙂

by Ondles Investigator
Investigator

Hello @Katie_B ,

They have said that they would give me a call within 24 hours of the chat but i haven't had anything since the first time.

So its been 4 times in total they said they would call me and it shows on their system that no one has called me.

Like i said before, i don't mind if it is going to take longer, as long as i'm updated along the way! Being told it will be solved within 24-48 hours and for it not to happen is what really grinds my gears! I appreciate that system glitches do happen but nearly 2 weeks is a bit of a stretch for it to be sorted

Thanks in advance!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Ondles

Thanks for coming back to us.

I have sent you a private message on here for some details.

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.