by Dasjs Investigator
Investigator

Not subscribed to a Mobile data service

Hi 

Just transferred to EE - 4 x sim only phones today (20Gb data per phone)

2 phones seem to be fully functional but other 2 are not on data - have the message "could not connect mobile data network- you are not subscribed to a mobile data service" 

Have rebooted several times and done network reset.

tried to call EE earlier but 15 mins+ waiting in queue, hence posting on forum. 

Any help appreciated

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Not subscribed to a Mobile data service

@Dasjs what handsets are they?

if they are iPhones, make sure there are no old Vodafone profiles still installed via Settings>General>Profiles

If there is anything in there click on each one and then click the red 'Remove Profile'

You will need turn the iPhone off completely and then reboot to complete this process.

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are all the phones unlocked or locked to EE? Do they have the same APN settings for EE? Can you make calls & texts?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dasjs

Welcome to the community. 🙂

We'll do our best to help. Could you get back to us answering @XRaySpeX's questions?

Thanks

Chris

by Dasjs Investigator
Investigator

Hi
All phones have been unlocked from Vodafone. All are on EE and ok for text
and calls. I won't be able to see APN settings until tonight (but I don't
recall seeing any APN options- is there something specific I should look
for?
Thanks
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Just compare the ones that work with the ones that don't. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

@Dasjs what handsets are they?

if they are iPhones, make sure there are no old Vodafone profiles still installed via Settings>General>Profiles

If there is anything in there click on each one and then click the red 'Remove Profile'

You will need turn the iPhone off completely and then reboot to complete this process.

by Dasjs Investigator
Investigator

Hi
I did compare last night, couldn't see any differences, but I also do not
recall seeing any mention of ANP settings anywhere.They are all iphone 6s
Will take another look tonight
Thanks
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dasjs  Please read what @Profile closed has put. This is very important and if there is a profile installed it will stop the device from connecting to the network correctly as it’s trying to use that profile which is not compatible the EE network.   On EE you do not need a profile installed. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Dasjs

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Dasjs Investigator
Investigator

To all who have taken the time to reply and advise on this problem- 

- a big thank you - it's solved! - following your good advice I have discovered old Vodafone profiles, once deleted the phones are now fully functional. 

I also would like to say as a new EE user how impressed I am with this community support. As an ex (and never again) Vodafone user, where I suffered horrendous teething issues, I am so far delighted with my transition to EE and the superb support available from you guys on the community

Cheers all - have a great weekend

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Dasjs

This is great news 🙂

I am very happy to hear you have got the help you needed from the community and we hope to see you around in the future.

Have a lovely weekend 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.