by Ambly
Explorer

Nokia 7 plus internet no longer working after upgrade to Android 9

Yesterday my Nokia 7 plus prompted me for an upgrade. Once it was done it was on Android 9. Unfortunately enough ever since my mobile internet stopped working. I have tried the basics such as using the EE config tool to send me a service text but that's not helping as the resulting APN is the same. I also tried to make an APN manually so I can try out some settings but weirdly enough that refuses to save most of the time so settings do not stick (which may well be a bug in Android 9).

Anyone else who received this update who had similar problems (or for whom it worked flawlessly)? Any idea how to resolve it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ambly
Explorer
Solution

Re: Nokia 7 plus internet no longer working after upgrade to Android 9

Hi,

I have it fixed now. I used the reset feature in system settings that wipes all the wifi/mobile/bluetooth settings. It did not help until a reboot but my data is working again. Probably some hidden things where in there after the upgrade.

10 REPLIES 10
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ambly.

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

Have you made sure that mobile data is enabled in the settings? It may of changed places since the update.

Could you also try manually changing onto another network and then logging back onto EE? You will find this option under network operators in settings.

Let me know how you get on.

Jon

by Ambly
Explorer
Solution

Hi,

I have it fixed now. I used the reset feature in system settings that wipes all the wifi/mobile/bluetooth settings. It did not help until a reboot but my data is working again. Probably some hidden things where in there after the upgrade.

by fleetafoot Investigator
Investigator

I have a similar problem, but only when roaming - works fine in UK and the same phone with the same SIM used to work fine when roaming in the same country (Germany).  I have ensured roaming and data roaming is enabled, I have reset the network settings, I have had new settings sent to me, I have manually checked APN settings vs another old LG K8 phone that works with internet roaming with same SIM card, I can make calls and receive texts when roaming.  Have tried different networks to roam on. Sometimes the internet will work for 30mins when I land but stops soon thereafter.  Support says I have no limit on data roaming and no fair usage limits are in effect. At wit's end, any suggestions will help.

by

Hi @fleetafoot,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

It sounds like everything is set up correctly in your EE account.

Have you tried contacting Nokia Support to see if they can help?

Thanks

James

Investigator

Have tried Nokia - no help either.  I tried one more thing which was to set network to use 3G and not the recommended 4G - still no success. Last effort will be to try another UK network SIM card in the phone.

by

Hi there @fleetafoot

Thanks for coming back to us.

Let us know how you get on.

Leanne.

Investigator

Am now in Germany and hAve put a GiffGAff SIM in the phone and it works fine.  There is now confirmed incompatibility between EE and this phone when roaming in Germany.

So what has changed must be the question:

a) The phone gets monthly security updates

b) EE implements fair usage policies on roaming

I suspect b) is the cause as it may not be fully tested on Android 9.

So right now I cannot use EE when roaming.

by

Hi @fleetafoot 

Thanks for coming back to me.

How long have you been in Germany?

Has the device picked up any network at all since arriving with the EE SIM?

Did you get the SIM card replaced?

Speak soon.

Leanne.

Investigator

Hi Leanne

See my post on this thread from 3 weeks ago. Arrived in Germany some hours ago. Again I can make calls and Text but no internet. Swapping out SIM for another UK operator's works, and swapping phone (with an older version of Android) on same EE SIM card works.

by

Hi @fleetafoot

My apologies, we do have a fair usage policy for data abroad, you would be able to use 15GB of data before this came into effect.

I would like to get this looked into further for you.

You will have a private message on here for some details.

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.