by Rob83 Investigator
Investigator

Nokia 3310 APN settings

Can anyone share the settings for this phone please? I bought a sim free one from carphone warehouse and although it appears to have some EE settings in it, the phone isn't connecting to the internet.

I've searched for the APN settings and found a load for android, windows, blackberry etc but none seem to work.

It won't be a big deal if I can't get internet working on it as it's only a dumb phone for work calls, but it'd be nice if I could get it set up properly.

23 REPLIES 23
by Rob83 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Nokia 3310 APN settings

Just to add, there doesn't appear to be anywhere for me to enter the MCC or MNC if that helps. Oh and the authentication type options are either normal or secure.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Rob83 most EE devices work this these settings, leaving all others blank or set to default:

Profile Name: EE

APN: everywhere

IP Type: IPv4

Sign In Type: PAP

For authentication leave as default or try both. 🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi,

@Rob83

Please click here http://setup-ee.wdsglobal.com/internet?step=modelselection.vm&contractId=230&countryId=36&networkId=...

inter security and your number and then send settings on your phone also remember password that you will see on that screen to install that settings in your phone,

Many Thanks

by Rob83 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Tom but unfortunately no joy. Profile, APN and IP are all matching but there's no sign in type option. I've switched between the two authentication types and it's still not having it.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@tahirmian wrote:

Hi,

@Rob83

Please click here http://setup-ee.wdsglobal.com/internet?step=modelselection.vm&contractId=230&countryId=36&networkId=...

inter security and your number and then send settings on your phone also remember password that you will see on that screen to install that settings in your phone,

Many Thanks

Hi. @Rob83

Have you try above method?

Many Thanks

by Rob83 Investigator
Investigator

Hi tahirmian, I may be overly cautious here but I'm hesitant to click that link as I've never heard of 'wdsglobal.com' and as it's not a genuine EE domain, I'd rather not click it unless an EE rep can verify that it's safe.

No offence if it is legit, I just don't take chances on links I don't recognise

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi,

@Rob83 That is EE Own link you can use that with out any worry http://setup-ee.wdsglobal.com/internet

Many Thanks 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rob83,

Welcome to the EE Community. Smiley Happy

The link @tahirmian has posted is genuine.

Thanks

James

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi,

@James_B

Thank You.

by Rob83 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks both, best to be safe than sorry Smiley Happy

I'll give the link a go soon and report back in a bit

by

No problem @tahirmian

Have a nice weekend. Smiley Happy

James

by Rob83 Investigator
Investigator

Forgot to update, following that link didn't work either, sadly. It added a fresh APN to my phone but it's still not connecting. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@tahirmian wrote:

Hi,

@Rob83

Many Thanks

Hi,

@Rob83

What error you get now? have you trun your phon data on? please check that  Menu > > Connectivity> Mobile data, and switch Mobile data connection to Off/On

Many Thanks

by Rob83 Investigator
Investigator

Hi, everything is as it should be but I get no error, it just doesn't fetch a data connection and the browser consequently fails to load.

Having just tried a colleague's company SIM card, that won't connect either, despite both sims getting data connections on other phones.

I'll try my own personal SIM this evening, then I'll know if it's the phone or the company sims.

by Rob83 Investigator
Investigator

Ok so it's bugging me and I decided to try my own SIM now. It works, so it's not the phone. Thing is, the company sims got data connections on their old phones but not the Nokia. A data connection can't be restricted so it only works on a specified handset, can it?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Rob83. If it works on one sim it should work with any sim it’s not handset specific. 

by Rob83 Investigator
Investigator

Well what can I say, it's not working with my company SIM, nor my colleague's, but it works with my personal SIM. I thought I knew my way around APN settings and such, but this has me stumped.

by

Hi @Rob83,

It's got me stumped too!

If it works with one EE SIM, it should work with another.

Please get in touch with customer services and our technical team will be happy to look into this in more detail.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

James

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Rob83 if both yours and your colleagues lines are not working and they are pay monthly lines they could be new EE IPv6 lines which are not compatible with some devices. Customer service can help further if this is the case. 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.