No free Boost - it says "You are zero packs away form your free Boost"

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: No free Boost - it says "You are zero packs away form your free Boost

Hi All,

The issue with the boosts showing -# is having a fix worked on that as we speak and should be out ASAP.

Many thanks,

Lee

12 REPLIES 12
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: No free Boost - it says "You are zero packs away form your free Boost&q

Hello @Liz23 the free boost is awarded on purchasing the third pack when you can choose which one you would like and this is then applied to the fourth pack and any after that. Between this time it is common for the system to say 0 packs to go instead of reverting back to 3 packs to go. You can check your active/pending boosts by logging in to MYEE online underneath your allowances on the main page.

If you would like to double check please call customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other (lines open at 8am) who can access the account and confirm this for you. 🙂 
by Liz23 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Tom222

I’ve looked at my active/pending boosts, it says I’ve chosen 10 mins and 50mb – in fact I’ve had 3 x 10mins (which I now seem to have lost 2 of them). The chart with the weekly squares that fill up over 12 weeks has been full since the end of December when I should have had another boost! Any subsequent weekly payments since then have not been counting towards the next boost.

I have rang EE but couldn’t make them understand what I was trying to explain.

Liz231
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Liz23 sorry to hear you are having problems with your free boosts. Due to this being a public user forum access to accounts is not allowed to check why they are not adding correctly through here, this would have to go through customer service through the numbers mentioned above who should be able to look into this.

The only other advice I can give from here is texting the code BOOST to 150 and seeing what reply you get. Have you chosen your latest boost yet? The system will pause for up to 60days if it is waiting for you to choose the next one. 🙂 
by Kroma Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've got the same problem. I'm on a weekly pack and last received a boost 6 weeks ago.  I usually apply my boost via the website but this time I did it via text. 

Since then, the website states "You are zero 7-day packs away from your Free Boost" and "Just zero packs to go!"  All twelve hexagons are coloured in. 

If I text 'boost' to 150, I'm told... 

"You are also -6 more packs away from being able to add another boost."

Note the minus symbol. 

I phoned CS a couple of weeks ago. They understood the problem but were unable to see what I was seeing as their computers don't give specific countdowns, just the fact that I was on the way to a boost. The helpful lady told me to get back in touch if I didn't get my next boost at the right time.  That was a waste of 25p!

I've set a reminder on my phone for when the next boost is actually due. I suspect that I'll be spending another 25p to call CS when that time comes.

Hopefully somebody can run a script on the EE computers to clear this bug which seems to be affecting others.  If it can be done without losing our current  boosts then that would be a welcome bonus (my wife lost all her boosts once when CS tried to solve a different issue... but that's another story). 

Fingers crossed! 

Kroma

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Kroma hopefully your boosts activate as normal in future. 🙂
by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi All,

The issue with the boosts showing -# is having a fix worked on that as we speak and should be out ASAP.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Any news on the fix?  My account is still 'just zero packs to go'.

Kroma

by
EE Employee

Hi @Kroma

I have requested some further information.

When I hear back, I will let you know.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

Well, the day has arrived when I should have reached my next boost. Unfortunately, as expected, the website still shows 'zero packs to go' and texting 'boost' to 150 results in a reply informing me that I'm '-12 more packs away from being able to add another boost' (note the minus symbol). I see that there are lots of similar messages on here. When's a fix coming? Kroma
by
EE Employee

Hi @Kroma

Please do give our Customer Service Team a quick call and request them to raise a single user fault into your boost issue.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

No need. As if by magic I had a text message at 5.30pm telling me that I can now choose my Free Boost!!!

I've chosen it and all seems well.  Hopefully the zero packs message will be gone now.  If not, I may be lucky enough to risk ignoring it in the future.

I understand that others haven't been so lucky after getting the zero boosts message but I can now leave the thread.

Thanks for your help.

Kroma

by
EE Employee

Hi @Kroma

It may have been sorted as a lot of users are reporting the same thing as yourself.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.