by Micky2506 Investigator
Investigator

No data signal on my new phone, how do I solve this?

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: No data signal on my new phone, how do I solve this?

Hi, 

Is Data active under settings?

What phone and tariff  do you have?

Have you just joined EE, new sim/phone? 

You could give a bit more info. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Sorry your right I’m new here lol anyways I’ve upgraded from the s7 edge to the iPhone X to which arrived today. I followed all steps and inserted the sim correctly. All data settings are also correct also. When I logged into my ee account my Samsung is still the phone registered on my account. I know in the past it takes a few days for the new phone to be registered so just wondering if this is still the case here? Thanks

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Micky2506, It does not matter what phone is showing, so long as the plan you have chosen is correct.

Are you looking at it while on Wifi or on 4G network? I would make sure that you are on 4G rather than Wifi.

Mine are showing up now, it will just take a while, The only one that comes up with unknown device is my Apple Watch, but the IPhone and IPad now both show, whereas before were showing as unknown devices.

Did you insert a new SIM card or the one you had been using? If it is a new one, it could be that it has not been activated, and may need to be activated.

Investigator

Thanks for the advice. I would be able to do that if I had a 4g signal but that’s the initial problem I’m having....I have no data signal, so unable to make calls or send/receive messages etc

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I would suggest you click on help and then activate my SIM card, that should work. If you need to speak to EE, you will have to wait until the morning, you can either try the live chat or use something like Skype or Viber to ring them.

Investigator

Yeah il try that and if no luck il contact we in the morning. Thanks

Investigator

Sorted, SIM needed activating. Thanks very much for your help

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Micky2506, Glad you got it sorted and I was able to help, you are very welcome, thank you for letting me know, we are always here to help, enjoy your new phone, I know I do, my first IPhone.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Micky2506

Very glad this is all sorted now.

Have a lovely weekend 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.