by Jonot6 Investigator
Investigator

No connection on Certain Apps

Running an Iphone 5 on 3G connection pay as you go, plaenty of data left. (2.5gb)

The Apps not conecting/loading photos on mobile data in the same way i've seen on other threads here are:

Twitter - No loading/refresh of timeline at all.

Snapchat - Says no network connection/could not refesh

Instagram. - Loads a bluury preview and stories are blank.

All the rest: xbox, sky news, bbc etc... all loading images and videos fine.

Tried the following:

Reset phone/on/off

Network setings reset

Uninsall/reinstall apps

Log out/remove account and log back in/chane passwords.

wipe phone and restore fom back up.

Take out sime and put in my old iphone 5 (broken buttons but still functional)

All of these have not worked. Have only recently updated to latest IOS (as in in the last week) Seems a little too conincidental. since it was fine before but the sheer number of people experiencing these problems points to a wider issue.

16 REPLIES 16
by adastegir87 Investigator
Investigator

Slow internet connection

My 4g mobile data is so slow. Videos don't load and my social sites take too much to load. Just got the new s8 plus. Put my old sim card in. What could be the problem??

Investigator

Re: No connection on Certain Apps

Having the same problem on my new s8 plus! Help needed. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jonot6, @adastegir87: Is it similar to Facebook not working on 4G ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Jonot6 Investigator
Investigator

Similar, yes. But i wanted to list all the "solutions" suggested in all the other threads which haven't worked. thereby giving EE a zimple easy to read run down of what's not working and what doesn't work to fix it.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, but this is just a user discussion group, not a bug investigation arm of EE. You need to report the issue with CS together with your list.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Jonot6 Investigator
Investigator

CS?

Investigator

Customer service 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jonot6 and @adastegir87,

Are you both still experiencing issues?

Did you get in touch with customer services?

Thanks

James

by

Re: Slow internet connection

Hi @adastegir87,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Are you only having this problem in one location or everywhere?

Thanks

James

Investigator

Re: Slow internet connection

It's everywhere but just popped into an EE store will have a chat with an advisor. Thanks 

by

Please let us know how you get on @adastegir87

Thanks

James

by Jonot6 Investigator
Investigator

Yep, same issue as yesterday. And did the area check thing, all is well here.

speaking to an advider on twitter and CS didn't have any more ideas than eveything i'd tried so....... Wait and see?

by

Hi @Jonot6,

Did you speak to the technical department?

Thanks

James

by Jonot6 Investigator
Investigator

Yep, sorry about the late reply, work commitments etc...

Tried the other day but got cut off mid call, and couldn't get the time get back in touch till today.

The guy helping me was exellent and when he ran through everything and even added data to my account to check it wasn't a usage issue, passed me to the Tech team.

They told me it was an ongoing issue they're investigating, and that they've had a number of very similar reports.

Although it's not nice of me to wish it on someone else, i'm glad its not just me! Hopefully it's resolved soon! 🙂

Investigator

I spoke to an advisor today and did pretty much the same thing. Everything seems to be fine..he made me change my connection to 2g/3g and it works fine. Hes passed it on to tech team and they'll get back to me. Very strange how everyone is having the same problem. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@adastegir87  Not everyone as mine are ok still ( touch wood” 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.