by Jmac2 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

No access to unsecured web addresses on 4G

Please can anyone advise why when using just cellular data, ie 4G on my iPhone S Max I cannot access unsecured websites even though I used to be able to. I can only access on my home WiFi  

13 REPLIES 13
Established Contributor

I can’t access unsecured websites on 4G, only on my home WiFi.

No matter what I do, following all the advice on the internet, I just can’t access unsecured websites using 4G, and guest WiFi. I can only do it at home on my own WiFi. In addition to that, accessing websites seems to have gone very slow. I’ve tried it with VON and without but still doesn’t work. I’ve cleared my cache and checked my accessibility settings but nothing has worked. Anyone got the same problem and perhaps a solution? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I can’t access unsecured websites on 4G, only on my home WiFi.

@Jmac2   Have you removed content lock from your EE account? Please read THIS on how to do this.   And the guest WiFi issue is the setting that has been put on that WiFi and has nothing todo with the setting on your EE account. You’ll need to ask who’s ever router it is to allow such access.

Established Contributor

Hi, and thank you. I’ve just checked this and I have and had full access tick box checked so not that I’m afraid 

Established Contributor

Yes Chris, thank you. Don’t suppose you have any other ideas for me please 😀

Established Contributor

No access to unsecured web addresses on 4G

Please can anyone advise why when using just cellular data, ie 4G on my iPhone S Max I cannot access unsecured websites even though I used to be able to. I can only access on my home WiFi  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: No access to unsecured web addresses on 4G

Hi @Jmac2 

I don't think this is a parent control issue, but check on MyEE that it's deactivated.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Is it all unsecured websites or just some? Which ones? Can you always access secured websites?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jmac2 

Have you tried another browser? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Jmac2.

Let us know the answers to @XRaySpeX and @Northerner's questions so we can try to help you further 🙂

Jon

Established Contributor

Yes I can access secured and it’s on any browser, chrome, google, edge and safari

its mostly sites where I may want to pay something. The last being a gov Uk site (Dvla) thank you so much for getting back to me 

by

Thanks @Jmac2.

Are you able to try your SIM card in another phone then try the same websites?

Are you able to access these websites on other devices?

Jon

Established Contributor

I’ll try that, thank you Jon

by

Let us know how you get on @Jmac2 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.