by Arr1893 Investigator
Investigator

No 4g connection only to social media

Since 1pm.today I have been having issues with 4g connection on my mobile phone  however it is only affecting my social media. This was working without a problem the previous day and I have not changed any settings to cause this issue.

I have been unable to connect to facebook instagram or Twitter. I have been able to send and receive text messages from whatsapp but unable to download or send picture messages.

I have been unable to use samsung internet such as google with no problem. I conducted a speed test which was 12mb download and 8mb upload. 

I have googled if the app providers are having a problem and it seems like it is only my connection. I have tried to access facebook, twitter, and Instagram using the internet instead of the app and this is not loading either. 

I have tried resetting network connection and turning my phone off and on with no luck. 

I have made sure that there are no restrictions on the app and that mobile data is enabled on each. I have checked ee privacy settings and they are off. 

When I am connected to wifi there is no problem what so ever with my connection to any social media and it works perfectly.

I am using a samsung s9 with the latest android software downloaded. 

Can you advise me on how to fix this? 

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: No 4g connection only to social media

@Arr1893   you’re not the first person to report this and there is nothing you can do to fix this if it is a network issue then EE need to resolve this themselves. 

by Arr1893 Investigator
Investigator

Just to add... I have deleted and reinstalled each app so they are up to date. I have aldo double checked the content lock (as people are saying this is a solution) and it is definitely off and not on strict 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Arr1893   Who were saying this is a solution ?  when did they say this was a solution ? it might of been at the time but doesn’t mean it’s the solution now if it’s a network connection issue.  just deleting and reinstalling the app is not going to fix it.  

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @Arr1893 and @Chris_B  not sure whether this is right , but go into your account and switch your content to STRICT and then back OFF again!!

BustaCrabb

by Browney

Same issue, tried my SIM in my iPad and same issue

by Arr1893 Investigator
Investigator

Surprisingly this seems to have worked but had to reset my phone in between changing the settings 

by kwhitelaw1981 Investigator
Investigator

I am also having this issue and it is affecting more than the social media apps!  I cannot access the Bet365 app using mobile data either!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @kwhitelaw1981

Thanks for coming here,

Can you log into your My EE account > Menu > Account Settings > Data Content Controls > Do they show as Full Access?

If not can you set this to full access.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions