by Wilco1 Investigator
Investigator

No 4G connection for CCTV

Got CCTV installed at home, works fine on phone app at home with our Virgin internet connection; as soon as leave the house & 4G kicks in we loose connection. This happens on all 3 phones that are with yourselfs. Any ideas? cheers

17 REPLIES 17
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: No 4G connection for CCTV

@Wilco1 Does it work on any other external connection when you aren't on wifi at home or is it just when you're on EE? E.g. does it work on wifi when in Pret.

by Wilco1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi, thank you for getting back to me. It only works when I am logged into someone elses wifi,also a few friends that are on 3 & 3g don't have any probs connecting. Could there be some sort of lock on it?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

then it's more likely to be an issue with CGNAT and IPv6. Talk to support for your CCTV, mention this, they'll likely be aware of it and tell you if it's a known issue and if there's a workaround.

Let us know how you get on!

by Wilco1 Investigator
Investigator

Fab, thank yo for your help. 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Wilco1,

Welcome to the EE Community.

That's great advice from @chistery, please keep us updated with your progress.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You cannot control home appliances remotely over the EE mobile network unless their manufacturer provides some sort of Cloud-based solution that monitors them continuously.

This is cuz EE mobile network uses Carrier Grade NAT (CGNAT), which means that you don't get your own public IP address but share it with other users. So you can't be uniquely id'ed on the Net by unsolicited accesses. This is unlike fixed BB.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by floyd123 Contributor
Contributor

by floyd123 Contributor
Contributor

Hello 

Did you ever resolve this issue?

I had access to my Cctv via noip.com, using ee 4g data but all of a sudden it cant access stream anymore?? Its also stopped streaming on my wifes ee phone also. If I use public wifi it still works but as soon as I go back to 4g data it stops working.

However friends on other mobile networks even virgin (which I thought uses ee network) can still access cctv  stream so it's obviously something with the ee network- 😕 

Regards

by
EE Employee

Hi @floyd123 and welcome to the community.

Can I get you to try and login using a private/incognito browsing mode to see if that helps?

Many thanks,

Lee

by floyd123 Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for your reply- I have to  use a cctv app to access stream so not sure how to do incognito?:-? 🤔 

by
EE Employee

Hi @floyd123

My apologies, I thought you accessed through the website noip.com.

What kind of phone is it that you are using?

Many thanks,

Lee

by floyd123 Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate the reply! Noip is just the ddns I use. Everything has worked fine for over 3 years.

I have a Xperia Z5 premium - My wife uses a Samsung A3 on ee also which has stopped working.

Regards

by
EE Employee

Hi @floyd123

Can I get you to check the APN settings in each device to see if they match the below:

• Name: EE Internet
  • APN: everywhere
  • Username: eesecure
  • Password: secure
  • MMSC: http://mms/
  • MMS Proxy: 149.254.201.135
  • MMS Port: 8080
  • Authentication Type: PAP
  • APN Type - You might be given a list to choose from, or asked to type something in. If it's a list, choose internet+MMS. If you're asked to type something in, type a * on its own.

To get APN on Z5:

1. from the homescreen, tap on All Apps.
  2. tap on Settings.
  3. tap More.
  4. tap on Mobile networks.
  5. tap on Access point names.
  6. tap add at the top right of screen.

To get APN on A3:

1. From the Home screen, tap Apps.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Scroll down and select More Networks.
  4. Tap Mobile Networks.
  5. Tap Access Point Names.
  6. Tap Menu.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

by floyd123 Contributor
Contributor

Those settings give me no data on at all on my Xperia
by
EE Employee

Hi @floyd123

One last thing please try the setup generator, does this help?

I'm trying all the things that may resolve this for you 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

by floyd123 Contributor
Contributor

Sadly no change- many thanks though for your help
by
EE Employee

Hi @floyd123

Have you spoken to your DNS provider or you IP-camera support, to see if they can suggest anything?

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.