by bartonfields Investigator
Investigator

No 3G Mobile Data, but 4G working fine on iPhone XS Max

I have recently upgraded to an iphone xs max. Since having it I have had problems with mobile data over 3G. Where I live the signal is patchy and I pick up a mixture of 3G and 4G and whilst 4G is excellent I get no connection at all over 3G. I have toggled airplane mode on and off and still no connection. This morning I reset network settings and all of a sudden I had a data connection over 3G which was great, but then I realised that is all I had and where there should have been  strong 4G signal I was still stuck on 3G. So I toggled airplane off and on and then 4G came back again! Unfortunately when I moved into a 3G area, there was no connection again. So it looks like with some messing about and resetting I can get one or the other but not both. My previous iPhone 6S Plus was fine, switching between 3G & 4G no problem. Anyone else suffering this problem or any ideas on a fix please?

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: No 3G Mobile Data, but 4G working fine on iPhone XS Max

Good Afternoon @bartonfields.

I would recommend speaking with our technical support team who can look at this further.

You can also check your area with our Network Status Checker

Keep me posted updated how you get on 

Katie 🙂

by RPB Investigator
Investigator

I've noticed this on my old 6S Plus and I've definitely had it on my XS Max also. The 4G drops out and the 3G does nothing. You cannot load web pages or anything. Yep, it's very annoying and I've just put up with it as generally I am blessed with usually very good 4G.

It was most annoying when my wife pulled out my older iPhone 5 on her GiffGaff 3G package as it was and proceeded to browse the internet fine! lol

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @RPB

When trying to use 3G have you switched 4G off in the settings?

Are you currently using your iPhone XS MAX? 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.