by MrMagicMart Investigator
Investigator

Newbie pulling my hair out with Cisco signal box

Evening all this is my first post I joined yesterday and my area has shocking signal no bars in or outside they set a signal box made by Cisco and call by assist  it was put in at 4 pm today and calls are working now working however 3G and data are not I have tried the delete network I reset signal box I restarted and reset network setting on phone I have an iPhone XS Max and partner has a iPhone 7 also son has a Nokia all doing the same spoken to tech team they don’t know why it doing it,  as everything looks good there end but it can’t be. Our house don’t use Wi-fi as we are fully hard wired so need the 3G data connection  they not state it’s cos a mask is down at the moment however I don’t belive this as there are no masks in the village and if there was why would a signal box use a mask?? ALL I WANT IS MY 3G anyone plz help4B01BAE2-78EE-4261-82D8-449CC76912A9.png

7 REPLIES 7
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Newbie pulling my hair out with Cisco signal box

Hi @MrMagicMart

Welcome to the EE Community,

there seems to be a common problem with the signal box and the iPhone XS  I would recommend speaking to technical support on freephone 0800 956 3146 from a landline.

Investigator

I have and they have no clue  it’s also same issue with Nokia and a iPhone 7 Plus 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@MrMagicMart I would try them again 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I seem to remember it's something to do with an incompatibility between the iPhone using IPv6 but the Signal Box only using IPv4. If you could somehow change the APN Protocol to IPV4 Only in the phone's APN, that might fix it. I think some users have had to create a 2nd APN with that value as the default one can't be altered.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Ok this will be the 4th call to them 

Investigator

How and where about do I find this

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @MrMagicMart

I am sorry to hear this is still not resolved. 

I have sent you a private message for further information, please take a look and get back to me. 

Thanks, Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions