by kbs873 Contributor
Contributor

New phone on different network accepted my EE Sim all works other than my data

I recently got a new phone on another network after my phone broke. It accepted my EE sim card and works for texts and calls but mobile data will not work? Sony xperia

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: New phone on different network accepted my EE Sim all works other than my da

Hi, 

@kbs873

Thanks for that. 

Please open this link http://setup-ee.wdsglobal.com/internet?step=modelselection.vm&contractId=230&countryId=36&networkId=...

Put your mobile number and security code and press next then you will get APN settings on your phone install it on your phone and it need password that you can see on next page that should be 4 digits of your phone. 

Then you will be ready to go. 

Please let me how you get on. 

And if you need more help don't hesitate to ask. 

Many Thanks 

12 REPLIES 12
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: New phone on different network accepted my EE Sim all works other than my da

Hi, 

@kbs873

Please can you tell me what is model of your Sony Xperia phone? 

As you might need apn settings. 

You find here EE APN settings

Many Thanks 

by kbs873 Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Im not sure as i brought it second hand but i have the model number, could that help? If not maybe there is a way i could find out the model of the phone?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi, 

@kbs873

Please go in your settings down the bottom about phone click on that where you can see model number. 

Yes please tell me model number. 

Many Thanks 

by kbs873 Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Model number is ; c1905

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Hi, 

@kbs873

Thanks for that. 

Please open this link http://setup-ee.wdsglobal.com/internet?step=modelselection.vm&contractId=230&countryId=36&networkId=...

Put your mobile number and security code and press next then you will get APN settings on your phone install it on your phone and it need password that you can see on next page that should be 4 digits of your phone. 

Then you will be ready to go. 

Please let me how you get on. 

And if you need more help don't hesitate to ask. 

Many Thanks 

by kbs873 Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I done everything on the message, when i tried to install the internet i got a message on the screen saying device configured 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi, 

@kbs873

Yes click on that configuration message and put password then you ready to go. 

If that message disappear you can try that again. 

Many Thanks 

by kbs873 Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou! Mobile data is now working 🙂

by kbs873 Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou! Mobile data is now working 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

HI,

@kbs873 You are welcome, Glad to know that your data working now for you,

if you need anymore help you can come back here any time,

Many Thanks 

by kbs873 Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou! 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for helping @kbs873 out @tahirmian! Smiley Happy

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.