by Pts Investigator
Investigator

New phone on contract, internet not working,pages not loading,poor network!!!

Hi there guys!

So i've got this iphone XR two weeks ago,on a contract,but i can barely use it!!!Pages are not loading,or very hard when it happens,signal is generally  very poor and i'm seriously thinking about quiting EE!I've called technical support,was adviced to reset network,but without an improvement,also asked for a new sim as i've heard this might be the issue.Don't know what to do so any thought would be appreciated!Many thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: New phone on contract, internet not working,pages not loading,poor network!!

Have you checked the Network Status Checker there & logged the problem?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Pts Investigator
Investigator

Re: New phone on contract, internet not working,pages not loading,poor network!!

Checked now and seems to be no issue.My job is in Wembley and i live in Luton and no matter where i go pages won't load or simply taking way too long!Sometimes i get the..safari could not establish a secure connection.. message!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Pts

Thanks for confirming this. 

Are you connected to 4G?

Have you notified our technical care team that the issue is still not resolved?

Did you receive a new SIM?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by Vie

I am experiencing the same difficulties as you are. Only difference is I have been with EE for a few years now but in the past couple of months things have just got worse by the day. You can't browse the internet without pages dropping etc. I am considering leaving them for that very reason. If it has only been two weeks and you are not happy I would suggest you leave and find a network that will provide better service. Good luck

by

Hi there @Vie

I am sorry to hear your experiencing this to!

Have you been able to report this to our technical care team?

What phone are you using?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by Pts Investigator
Investigator

Nope!I’m still waiting for the sim!

by

Please keep us updated with the outcome when you activate your new SIM @Pts

Katie 🙂

by Pts Investigator
Investigator

Got the new sim and it's not even working!!!!Now i'm stuck in this mess and i can't bring it back since i had it for three weeks now and i'll probably contact customer service to ask for a working solution otherwise i'll just quit even if that means stopping the direct debit.I'd rather see you in a court than paying for a service that i'm not receiving!I've alredy lost money because i couldn't use the internet when needed!

by

Hi @Pts,

Have you activated your new SIM?

Thanks

James

by Pts Investigator
Investigator

Hello James!

Well i've tried! I had it in the phone for  14 hours and nothing happened then used it in a different phone an still no result!I've just called customer s. and i'll have another chat with them next week to check the speed at my work!I dont know what to say more,i'm just very upset!

by

Hi @Pts,

Have you activated your new SIM at myaccount.ee.co.uk/app/activate-sim?

Thanks

James

by Pts Investigator
Investigator

Did it now and the sim works!Also disconnected from my home wifi  and the nightmare continues!Pages barely load or the safari cannot open page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server..message!I  have 2-3 lines of signal in the house!

by

Thanks for confirming this @Pts

I have sent you a private message for further information. 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.