by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Need help claiming 4GEE Home Broadband data boost

Hi There,

Appears that none of the customer service or twitter staff are aware or have been breifed on the new data boosts

https://shop.ee.co.uk/broadband/data-boost

So you now get 50GB for fibre max, 5GB for 4GEE Home Broadband and 5GB for standard broadband.

I have 2 * 4GEE Home Broadband routers (200GB plan at 18 months) but no one seems to know anything about the new boosts or how to claim / apply them to your account and im going round in circles.

Can someone please help me claim the 4GEE Home boost please ? i just want to be clear i have fibre with sky and plusnet so its NOT the fibre max or standard boost im looking for, but the Home 4GEE broadband boost.

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor
Solution

Re: Need help claiming 4GEE Home Broadband data boost

hi @Leanne_T

I managed to get through to someone at CS who was aware of the changes and was able to resolve it for me. He said it wont show until the March allowance reset, but he took my details and was able to assign tghe boostg to my requested number.

BTW full credit to EE where its due, whoever is making the product decisions is really getting this spot on

https://shop.ee.co.uk/broadband/4g-home-broadband

Nice to see you now also offer the Home 4GEE with antenna install as well. Thats a really nice touch and will really help people with this product.

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

How many EE mobile phone/SIM contracts do you have? You only get the 5GB data boost added to each mobile phone/SIM contract for each 4GEE Home Router contract you have. You don't get it added to the 4GEE Home Router itself on its own.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

hi @XRaySpeX

I have (on same account) 2 mobile contracts, 2 * 4GEE Home routers and associated plans (200GB plan at 18 months) but one of those is the older device / plan so i suspect one of those wouldnt count. The other 4GEE Home router (200GB 18month plan was only added this MOnday) and finally i have a double data 64GB 4gee mini device.

So the 4GEE Home router (at leats one of those) should qualify and apply it to one of my mobile contracts ?

Reason i ask is i think the page only changed this week and none of CS or Twitter seem to know about the new boosts.

Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

When you took out your 4GEE Home Router contract(s) did you supply a (diff) mobile contract to be associated with each for this purpose?

If it's anything like Fixed BB, you should get your mobile data boost within 30 days of your MBB going "live", probably at your next billing date. You should receive a text message when your data allowance has been boosted.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Hi @XRaySpeX

I wasnt asked, hence i dont think its been setup or added and nothing shows on the EE app or logging into my account online either.

Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

wrote:

Reason i ask is i think the page only changed this week

When did you take out these 4GEE Home router contracts? This offer is only available with new 4GEE Home router contracts from 23 Jan. They are not retrospective.

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

hi @XRaySpeX

Agreed with you on that point. So the most recent 4GEE Home router with 200GB plan was added 5th Feb (Monday) but no one even asked or mentioned it until i looked online Monday evening and saw it. All the CS i speak to know nothing about it being available for 4GEE Home Router and say they have not been briefed.

So I should qualify on my most recent purchase. Understood im not looking for the 5BG boost to apply to the new 4GEE Router contract, but it should be applied to one of my mobile contracts ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, agreed that you should on the recent 1.

Afraid you will need to keep going back to CS until you find someone who has been briefed.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @AHarMan

Thanks for coming back to the community.

Full information can be found on our Data boost Help page>

This does give full details, for the 5GB boost if you sign up to one of our broadband or 4GEE Home broadband packages and you’ve got an EE pay monthly phone plan or 12-month SIM plan

Thanks, Leanne.

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor
Solution

hi @Leanne_T

I managed to get through to someone at CS who was aware of the changes and was able to resolve it for me. He said it wont show until the March allowance reset, but he took my details and was able to assign tghe boostg to my requested number.

BTW full credit to EE where its due, whoever is making the product decisions is really getting this spot on

https://shop.ee.co.uk/broadband/4g-home-broadband

Nice to see you now also offer the Home 4GEE with antenna install as well. Thats a really nice touch and will really help people with this product.

by

Great news @AHarMan

Glad you got this sorted 🙂

Thanks for the feedback.

Will you be going for one?

Leanne.

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

hi @Leanne_T

Yes i just added one. I have one that stays at home as backup to my landline broadband (for work purposes) and one that i take with me when im away from home as an alternative to hotel wifi. The larger tariffs allows for easier transfer of work files so i dont have to worry about data usage. If i wasnt having to work with such files then the smaller tariffs would be sufficent.

by

Sounds good @AHarMan

Hope you have a lovely weekend 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.