by TDee
Visitor

Nat type failed hot-spot ps4

Hi 

I'm having trouble with my oneplus 6 tethering to my ps4. Internet works. It just fails on NAT type. I have reset my APN. It also does not work on my wife's oneplus 6. It does work with my sons HTC u11+ which are all on my account. This makes me believe it my phone, until I used my other sim from BT which uses EE network. Same APN settings in my oneplus 6 and that gives me NAT type 2. NAT type 3 is fine for what is need just to play online. 

So I'm confused. Don't know what else to try. 

Any help appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Nat type failed hot-spot ps4

Hi @TDee

If you can change your APN protocol to IPv4 only and try again. I also think the PS4 needs a static IP for online gaming (EE IP is dynamic) but there are settings on the PS4 

Also try this

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by TymmyD
Explorer

This seems to be an issue with the OnePlus6 and EE network. As the EE SIM in another phone will work giving NAT type 3. 

But putting in a BT sim in the OnePlus6 works giving a NAT type 2. 

When putting ee sim in another phone the apn pulls default,hipri,dun,supl. 

When putting in OnePlus6 it pulls just default. 

Manually putting in the others, I get operator does not allow dun protocol. 

Is the dun protocol the problem? 

I'm not changing my phone any time soon. But may have to look into an operator that does accomadate the OnePlus 6 in tethering properly. Unless anyone can sudgest an idea .

Does anyone have a OnePlus 6 on EE willing to try to tether to a PS4 and tell me what results you get? 

Thank you. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @TDee @TymmyD

Try posing on the Oneplus forums if you think this issue is related to this handset, as you will likely receive more specific advice on your device and connection issues as this device isn't supplied by EE. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by TymmyD
Explorer

I think it's an EE issue with the oneplus6. I've tried two other SIM cards and they are working fine. 

Using the EE SIM card I'm getting all silly problems relating to internet. From the NAT type on PS4 to connecting to my VPN. As soon as I switch SIM cards it all works. One being BT. The other being Three. 

When talking to technical they even said to post a message here as they have no 8dea about the phone as it's not supported on their network. I didn't even think this could be a problem. 

Thanks for your help. 

It's time to bin EE. It's been fun. 

by disposable
Explorer

Do the following:

Settings -> Wifi & Internet -> SIM & Network -> (Select SIM) -> Access Point Names

Note down all of the settings for EE / everywhere, where default APN. The username eesecure has the password "secure", in case you can't see it

Click +

Enter all of the settings you just noted, changing only:

"Name" -> "EE Fixed" (arbitrary value)

"APN Type" -> "default,DUN" (exact, case sensitive)

"..." in top right -> "Save"

Now select the new setting as the default.

Go back to home screen

Restart Phone

After restart, turn on hotspot. Connect device. There should now be a functioning internet connection. 

by disposable
Explorer

"DUN" has to be in capitals. Go figure.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@disposable: Doesn't the APN Protocol need to be IPv4 only?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.