by Toplad99 Investigator
Investigator

My up camera will no longer connect on data with EE, have they just changed

Been using my ip cameras for over a year on EE fibre and EE mobile contract, had no issues but this last week my cameras have no connection over data, they only work when I’m at home on the same Wi-Fi network, I’ve looked on google and seen other people with the same problem, if I can’t sort it I’ll have to leave EE as people said it works on other networks, so EE must of changed something in the last week

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My up camera will no longer connect on data with EE, have they just changed

Is this happening now on both the EE Fibre BB network & the EE mobile network or is it that you've switched from home BB to mobile?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Toplad99 Investigator
Investigator

I’ve been on EE fibre for over 3 years and EE mobile for 15 years, nothing has changed but all 3 of my ip cameras will now no longer connect over 4g, I have loads of data and no settings have been changed, I can only assume something has changed on the network as I have seen other people complaining, but they said using a different network sim allowed access over 4g, so definitely an EE issue

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are the cameras connected to the Fibre BB router? Is it that you can't view them on your phone when it's connected to the mobile network but can when it's connected to the BB LAN?

Have you port forwarded the cameras? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Toplad99 Investigator
Investigator

Wouldn’t know how to, but never had to before, been working fine for over a year, now nothing at all unless I’m on same network on Wi-Fi, if I’m sitting next to them and then Wi-Fi off I lose connection, soon as I turn on Wi-Fi I have them back, it’s a data thing, something has changed but not by me

by Toplad99 Investigator
Investigator

Also my daughter on vodaphone can access through 4g fine

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Toplad99,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have you spoken to the developer of the camera software/app you are using to see if they have made any changes to their service?

It's also worth asking them if their product is compatible with IPv6 mobile networks such as EE.

Thanks

James

by Toplad99 Investigator
Investigator

Chinese company so no point, but why would I? Been working fine for a year, software has not updated so no changes that side, it’s an EE thing as like I said I’ve read of others that have had same problem, has ipv6 only just been implemented this last week across EE?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Toplad99,

IPv6 has been implemented on the EE network for a while. Perhaps they have made some changes at the server end.

Our Tech Gurus would be happy to look into this in more detail for you.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.