by Martyjw
Explorer

My social media apps have stopped working on mobile data

Looking for any advice please.

Facebook twitter Instagram and the like have all stopped refreshing the feeds on my Iphone7.

Actually it’s more detailed than that Facebook will update but won’t display any images or videos. The others just won’t update.

Wattsapp likewise will receive messages but not download images.

Logging on to WiFi works just fine and hotspotting of my IPad ( on the same account) also cures the issue.

I’ve tried a network reset, reinstalling the apps, and have checked my account on the EE app for the content lock which it says is off!

Has anyone any ideas before I call the customer help?

11 REPLIES 11
by sjs1907

Re: My social media apps have stopped working on mobile data

I’m having exactly the same issue on my iphone 7 plus. Not sure if it started happening when I upgraded to ios 12.4 or that was just a coincidence. Had issue for 2 days now. Any help appreciated.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Martyjw , @sjs1907 : Could it be your Switching Content Lock OFF or ON ? It is switched on on new & upgraded contracts & seems to affect social sites.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Martyjw
Explorer

Thanks very much for the advice!

The content lock was off but by rotating through the moderate option and back to off it seems to have cured the fault!!!

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @Martyjw

Have a great Friday 🙂

Leanne.

by graceytee
Explorer

Same things been happening to me the last 2 days! I've tried turning my phone on and off, airplane mode, turned off mobile data and back on, reset network settings, turned content restrictions on and off and nothing seems to be working 😞 My emails and texts and google are all still working, it just seems to be instagram/facebook/snapchat/twitter that says i'm not connected to the internet when trying to load. Pretty frustrating also that i've managed to use 2.6GB of data since yesterday when none of my apps have been working 😞

by

Hi @graceytee

Thanks for coming here.

Can you check your content lock settings?

Are they showing as off?

Leanne.

by graceytee
Explorer

Hiya,

Yeah i've read a few of the other posts about it and I tried turning it on and off but that didn't do anything, so i've turned it onto strict and turned off my phone, i'm gonna turn it back on and set it to off and then turn it off and back on again, see if that works

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @graceytee,

With numerous reports, the content lock settings are causing problems on almost all social media, but don't ask me why though, otherwise I'm flummoxed lol

Cheers 👍

BustaCrabb 🤗

by graceytee
Explorer

Hi @Profile closed 

Turning my phone off after turning on the content lock and then turning it off seems to have done the trick :thumbs_up:

Thank you! 😄

by

Thanks for letting us know @graceytee

Have a great weekend.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @graceytee,

That is fabulous news, 🤗

As long as you're back up & running that makes our hard work a very happy one 👍

Cheers

Have a great day!

@graceytee 😁

BustaCrabb

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.