by Samanthaa Investigator
Investigator

My phone keeps dropping off WiFi what could be the problem ?

My phone keeps dropping off WiFi I thought it might have been my home broadband but it’s doing the same every WiFi I connect to this is resulting in me using my mobile date really fast I have rang and spoke to three diffrent members of you team the first advising me to factory reset my phone I did this but the problem was still there second told me to forget the wife network and rejoin this worked for around an hour then the problem was back I spoke to the 3rd lady who asked if she could ring back on another device but I don’t have one my house phone is not working at the moment so I was unable to carry out what she wanted as I was speaking to her on the handset please help I’m paying a lot for my phone already extra Internet was added to my account last month this is not going to happen every month and I do not want extra charges thank you 

Samantha 

7 REPLIES 7
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: My phone keeps dropping off WiFi what could be the problem ?

Hi,

Which phone do you use?  (Make and model) 

W

by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

@Samanthaa wrote:

My phone keeps dropping off WiFi I thought it might have been my home broadband but it’s doing the same every WiFi I connect to this is resulting in me using my mobile date really fast I have rang and spoke to three diffrent members of you team the first advising me to factory reset my phone I did this but the problem was still there second told me to forget the wife network and rejoin this worked for around an hour then the problem was back I spoke to the 3rd lady who asked if she could ring back on another device but I don’t have one my house phone is not working at the moment so I was unable to carry out what she wanted as I was speaking to her on the handset please help I’m paying a lot for my phone already extra Internet was added to my account last month this is not going to happen every month and I do not want extra charges thank you 

Samantha 

By any  chance is it a Samsung that's recently had the Nougat update? 

If so, it appears to be a known issue.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Samanthaa and welcome to the community.

Have you tried turning your router off and back one?

Please do let us know what type of phone you have.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi lee yes I done that but it’s not just my home WiFi it does the same at my parents and sisters house it connects to the WiFi for a short while then just drops off I think it may be a problem with my handset as I have tired the factor rest my phone has all the new updates is there any thing else I could try or am I best to ring
Thank you

Sent from my iPad
Investigator

Hi yes it’s a Samsung so it’s actually a problem with the handset ?

Sent from my iPad
Investigator

Hi it’s a Samsung a5

Sent from my iPad
by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Samanthaa

Thanks for coming back to us.

If this is happening with other WiFi connections then it does sound like this could be the phone.

If you give us a call we will be able to help you further with this.

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions