by TC2 Investigator
Investigator

My data gifting has not worked for over a month

Data gifting has not worked for over a month. I was told I would get a call back within 5 days of 6th Aug. Finally today (19th Aug) I get a call back telling me I had to use my data to provide them with an IP address .....? No I pay for every KB of data and my time is precious enough. The issue is nothing to do with that anyway considering the amount of time and is all about the MyEE system !!! So disappointed in the EE , I had so hoped they would be better than Vodafone but it’s not looking good !

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My data gifting has not worked for over a month

@TC2 have you tried to gift data via your online account ? 

And 

If your not going to try and help to resolve an issue that your facing then don’t expect to get help with that issue.  

by TC2 Investigator
Investigator

Yes I have and no it doesn’t. And as an IP address changes at every log in and vary when my 4GEE WIFi data, or actual mobile data or an other WiFi system is being used , it’s a tad dull to be asking me to provide an IP address as is at a moment in time when the attempt to gift data was hours /days previous in a variety of access systems. I will always help if the requests actually have any merit ! 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@TC2  And as it still doesn’t work that just perhaps asking you was relevant when thay would ask you to try again. You asked for help but decided that it wasn’t relevant so you now here complaining about something that’s not working for you.    No point in complaining when you wasn’t going to at least give it a try when asked for some little bit of information that wouldn’t drain your data allowance and I’m sure you don’t use all your allowance each month for this to impact that allowance.   

You don’t see the irony in this.  

by TC2 Investigator
Investigator

As you weren’t the person who I spoke to I’m not sure you have any insight. The EE ‘operative ‘ asked me to provide my current IP address , when the last attempted data gift I had tried was a number of hours previously when I was in an area where my phone automatically logs into a free WiFi connection - so the request was useless. If he has asked me to attempt another data gift there and then and then asked for the IP address then that would’ve made sense. But he didn’t . And yes I am complaining as it has taken over two weeks to just get a call back on a problem that is clearly with the data gifting IT system, which is not peculiar to me. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Your current IP addy has absolutely nowt to do with gifting data. Data gifting is just a bookkeeping exercise between accounts & is independent of when the gifted data is consumed by an IP addy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@TC2  Your so right I wasn’t the person you spoke too but as this is a public forum everyone has the right to reply.    My point was your asking for help from EE and when asked to provide some information even if it wasn’t really going to help you wasn’t willing to help as it was in your words going to use your data that you pay for and why would you want to to use data that you pay for to try and help.

And as @XRaySpeX has put the IP has nothing to do with data gifting as it’s account related related.  

by TC2 Investigator
Investigator

Call me awkward but if someone asked me to drink a glass of water upside down, or put my hand in a fire because the box needed ticking on their computer system.  I would not follow their instructions blindly as I know it is irrelevant and would not solve the problem. Ask me to do something relevant and I will . Stupid requests followed by people telling me I’m being unhelpful is a tad annoying, but hey I’ve had my rant . Hopefully EE will sort their internal systems out instead of delaying and asking for useless information to delay further.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You should try taking this to CS again to see if you get a more reasoned & knowledgeable response.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TC2

I'm sorry to hear that this isn't sorted yet.

I recommend speaking to technical support again to continue with the troubleshooting.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions