by Nath35 Investigator
Investigator

My cctv has stopped working on 4g

Hi all. I have a hikvision DVR which has been working fine for the last 2 years. I have sky broadband and I use dyndns to stream my cameras to my phone. I use the app supplied by hikvision on an apple iPhone. The last week I cannot connect to my cctv when using 4g if I connect to WiFi it works fine. This is also the case if I connect to WiFi at my work or a friends house then they connect fine but as soon as I use 4g they will not work. Any ideas??? It’s doing my head in. 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My cctv has stopped working on 4g

Does the Hikvision app address the CCTV by its DDNS domain + port? That should be fine.

This may be a matter of EE mobile network switching from IPv4 to IPv6 but IPv6 doesn't fall back to IPv4 properly.

If you can get into your phone's APN, change or add the APN Protocol value to "IPv4" only

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Nath35 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for that. Yes you access the dvr through the app using dns and port. 

I cant find how to change any of my apn settings. Been to settings then mobile data then mobile data options and I only have two choices. Turn off roaming or enable 4G

any ideas???

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Nath35.

Welcome to the community 🙂

Is the Hikvision app active for mobile data in settings?

You can check this in Settings, Mobile Data, then scroll down and make sure all apps are enabled for data.

Jon

by Nath35 Investigator
Investigator

Hi. 

Yes it is active. 

Thansk

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Nath35.

Does your data work fine for everything else?

Are you able to try deleting and re-installing the app?

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.