by myoldpal20 Investigator
Investigator

My 4G is not working on Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Hi

I have recently bought a second hand Sony Xperia XZ Premium, locked to EE.  4G and WiFi calling both working fine, but 4G+ isnti working despite me living in a 4G+ area.  There are no network problems in my area.  Can someone please help me fix this as I am paying for EE's fastest speeds and I can't get them. 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My 4G is not working on Sony Xperia XZ Premium

What SIM have you got in it? I'm guessing, as it's 2nd-hand, you have got hold of a PAYG SIM. EE PAYG SIMs don't go up to 4G+ but only 4G.

How is it that you are paying for EE's fastest speeds? What exactly are you buying off EE?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @myoldpal20 it may need enabling now you have a supported device if this is originally a SIM only plan or it came with another none supported device at the start. Either customer service or Live Chat can check for you from 8am:

http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch

Before you do that check your area using the Network Status Checker to make sure there are no known faults or planned maintenance ongoing:

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Devices with an EE ROM do not display the 4G+ symbol. However, you will still be getting the same network just not the special symbol.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @myoldpal20

Thanks for coming to see us in community 🙂

I can see you've been given great help from @XRaySpeX @tm90 and @Peter_C

Hope this has all helped you.

If you need anything else from us, just shout.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.