by annab1425 Investigator
Investigator

Mobile data turned off by ee

I have just had a message on my phone samsung note 9 saying mobile data has been temporarily turned off by operator any ideas ???

Done the usual turn off restart and take sim out etc 

Many thanks in advance

19 REPLIES 19
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Mobile data turned off by ee

@annab1425 : Have you tried turning Mobile Data ON again?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Mobile data turned off

My phone has just said my mobile data is temporarily turned off by operator anybody got any ideas ? Phone is samsung note 9

Tried the obvious turning off and taking out sim etc !

Many thanks in advance 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Mobile data turned off

@annab1425 wrote:

My phone has just said my mobile data is temporarily turned off by operator anybody got any ideas ? Phone is samsung note 9

Tried the obvious turning off and taking out sim etc !

Many thanks in advance 

Can you try your sim in another phone please and see if it is working. If it is then try reset network settings on your Note 9

Investigator

Yes I've tried all of that and added new apn etc still nothing

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @annab1425,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Are you still able to text or make calls?

Does the Network Status Checker show any problems in your area?

Thanks

James

by kitik

This has happened to my phone too; all it says is "No mobile data service. Temporarily turned off by your operator for SIM 1". As far as I can change my settings, it is turned on.

Nothing on the Network Status Checker for my area. And I have loads of data left for this month. I have a OnePlus 6 phone. What's going on ee?

Screenshot_20190410-134642.jpg

by

Hi @kitik.

Have you tried restarting the phone?

Does this happen in more than one location?

Jon

by cladde
Explorer

Re: No mobile Data Service - temporarily turned off by your operator

I am having the same issue. Happens in Liverpool Street Station everytime I am trying to run my hotspot. Phone is Samsung S8. Can still make phone calls. Not the quality of service I was expecting from EE as it makes me unable to work.

by cladde
Explorer

I am having the same problem. Happens in Liverpool Street, It looks like EE is deciding that I should not be using my hotspot despite having plenty of data left and usage being relatively low. Not happy.

by

Hi @cladde,

Welcome to the EE Community.

We wouldn't disable your data because you are using your hotspot.

Does the network status checker show any problems in the area?

Thanks

James

by zee54 Investigator
Investigator

I literally just had the same notification pop up as well a few minutes ago.  Coincidentally I'm currently at work in the Liverpool St Station area as well.

However, I've been experiencing this issue all week and if I remember correctly, it's popped up whilst I've been at home as well.  So I don't believe it is restricted just to this area.

Usually turning mobile data off and back on again gets it back up after around 30 secs, but still no idea why the issue keeps arising in the first place and why my mobile data is being disconnected.

by zee54 Investigator
Investigator

Popped up again just this very second and my mobile connection has dropped off again.  Beginning to get frustrating now.

by

Hi @zee54,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Please report this issue with our Network Status Checker so our network team can investigate.

Thanks

James

by zee54 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks James.

The page indicates that they are currently investigating an issue in the area, not sure if it's related to same issue, but this does not help me currently.

I've now had my connection drop more than half a dozen times in the past hour or 2, literally had the notification pop up again as I am typing this message.  Mobile connection does come back after a while, but it is not up to 4G standard and to be honest, it is barely a connection at all.  Extremely slow and intermittent.

It is becoming a real hindrance to my day.

I have tried turning the phone off and on, removing and cleaning the sim card, etc. and it has made no difference. 

by

Hi @zee54,

I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing data drop outs.

If you register for My places in the Network Status Checker we'll keep you updated.

Thanks

James

by minsters

Im getting the same thing all week, based at Liverpool Street as well. Quite frustrating 

by

Hi @minsters,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Please can you also log this issue via our Network Status Checker so we can keep you updated via My Places?

Thanks

James

by zee54 Investigator
Investigator

Seems to be a sight trend formulating over here.  Looks like we might be able to get to the bottom of the issue quicker than these Community Support reps on here.

Absolutely useless they have been; "Oh check the network in your Area", "Oh so there's a problem?  Okay well wait until the problem goes away".

by

Hi @zee54,

Our network team are already investigating this issue.

Reporting the issue via the Network Status Checker helps them gauge the volume of customers affected and means we can keep you updated via text.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.