by Jamespt Contributor
Contributor

Mobile data not working

I received a new sim a couple months ago for my phone which prior to this sim my mobile data was working normally. It was supposed to have 4g on it as well as data but has not been working. When the sim came it had a different phone number but the data seemed to work, soon after I changed it back to the original number by calling up. But since then the data and 4g has not worked. I have tried resetting the network settings but this has not worked and have even got a new sim put it at an ee shop but neither things have worked, my data is still not working. However I am able to access text and calls, but not voicemail. 

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Mobile data not working

Have you got the setting Mobile Data ON?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Jamespt Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have it on all the time, but it comes up with 3g at the top and still does not let me access any apps. It says that it could not activate mobile data. And that I am not subscribed to a mobile data network.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Even with 3G you should still be able to use data.

Try downloading the settings needed for Internet from the online set up tool.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jamespt   What device is it and where did you get it from ? 

by Jamespt Contributor
Contributor

At the ee shop we discussed the possibility of it being the phone but originally it was working before the switch of phone number, and I have two phones 6s+ and 7 data works in neither and when put into one of the employees phones it did not work either. I got one from ebay and one second hand, its not the phones though. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jamespt do you have any data ?  Text BL to 150 to see what you have

by Jamespt Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I have 250mb but my dad would top up my account as he has 50gb to give, we are on a kind of shared contract, his is working mine isn’t, so theres no point at the minute. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jamespt .if you have a iphone can you turn off iMessage and facetime and then restart the device.   Go to setting/phone and make sure your number is correct at the top.   If it is try using your data again.    Also make sure that there is no profiles on the device, go to Setting/general/profiles and delete any profiles that might be on the device.  

by Jamespt Contributor
Contributor

I’ve tried all of that now on both my Iphone6s+ and 7 but it still shows 3g at the top and does not allow me access to any apps or internet and comes up with the message “could not activate mobile data network, you are not subscribed to a mobile data service.” I’m not really sure what to do seeing as the shops weren’t much help, and I don’t believe its a problem on my side of things.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jamespt

Welcome to the community. 

Could you try resetting the network settings please?

Tap Settings > General > ResetReset Network Settings > Follow the prompts.

Let me know if that helps.

Chris

by Jamespt Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I’ve tried on both phones multiple times, and again today. Still doesn’t let me access the data.

by

OK thanks @Jamespt

I recommend speaking to our Tech Gurus to check over your account and run through some more troubleshooting.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

by Jamespt Contributor
Contributor

At an ee shop today it seemed like they called up 150, who asked for details of my situation and found a block on my phone number, so they reset it on their end and after turning my phone off and back on the data had been restored. So it works now. 

by

Thanks for updating us @Jamespt.

I'm glad this was noticed and they managed to get it working for you.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions