by Dargasinski Investigator
Investigator

Mobile data not working properly!

Hello

I have mobile data and I have plenty of it left but recently I have had an issue with apps like Facebook and Snapchat and messenger. I will get notifications from them but when I go on there will be nothing there and when I try sending messages on all apps they will not send. Everything works fine on Wi-Fi but not on my mobile data.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Mobile data not working properly!

Have a look at Switching Content Lock OFF or ON . It is switched on on new contracts/upgrades & seems to affect social sites.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @Dargasinski

Welcome to the community 🙂

Have you been able to follow the advice from @XRaySpeX?

Katie

Investigator

I have had this contract for a while now andit has only just started doing this like last week

by

Hi @Dargasinski

What mobile phone have you got?

Do you have data remaining? you can check this by logging into your My EE

Thanks, 

Katie

Investigator

I have a samsungs galaxy s8+ and i have about 15gb remaining

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can you get to ordinary sites?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

No i cannot, It just comes up saying "This site cannot be reached"

by

Thank you for confirming this @Dargasinski

Is there any updates available for these apps?

Is your phone running on the latest software?

Katie 🙂

Investigator

There is no updates for these apps and there should be a new PIE update on my mobile but it realeses differently on every s8+

by

Have you had the chance to speak with our technical care team @Dargasinski? They will be able to run a full diagnostics for you. 

Katie 🙂

Investigator

where can i find this?

by

You can use the online chat which should appear at the bottom of this page @Dargasinski

Alternatively, you can call 150 from your handset. 

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Click on the link in @Katie_B 's last post.

Investigator

There is nothing that says online chat

by

Please click on the link in my last post. At the bottom of the page there is an option for 'Let's chat' @Dargasinski .

Katie 🙂

Investigator

Thank You

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you are on contract, on the Get in Touch page open up the "EE                  +" & you will find Live Chat, when it's available during EE UK opening hours, looking like:

Capture.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.